≡ Chapter 14 ≡

PS don't play the song 'till the right part.. i think youll be able to tell what the right part is but anyway you dont gotta play it if you dont wanna of course lol (but you guys know i just love kikuo so much lmao)

Quickly, you stood up, grabbing Heizou by the underarms and dragging him up onto his bed. Frantically, you searched through the drawers in his room as Kazuha only glared at you, remaining silent. You finally found a roll of gauze, and ran back to Heizou, wrapping it tightly around his waist, restricting the blood flow to stop the bleeding. He looked down at you with half-lidded eyes as your fingers gently grazed his body, securing the gauze and tying it.

You felt a hand touch your shoulder in a caring caress, then fall limp, as Heizou fell unconscious.

Letting out a long, drawn out sigh, you looked back up at Kazuha.

"..." Your eyes were ridden with concern and questions, as you stood up and walked past Kazuha, bumping shoulders.

You sat in a chair in the heart of the house, your forehead resting on the table. It was a bit uncomfortable, but you really didn't care right now. Still trying to process what just happened, you winced remembering the moment you saw the silver tip of Kazuha's sword pierce through Heizou's side.

"Ugh... those psychos. But... Heizou. What... What was he doing back there? Actually defending me against Kazuha? Why..? I mean, it could have just been a way to gain my trust, but... he seemed so sincere. The look in his eyes. Like he had put me first..." You contemplated.

You were pulled out of your thoughts by a hand on your shoulder.

"...Y/n?" He asked. You couldn't see his eyes but it felt nervous. Like he was nervous. What a coward.

"What do you want?" You scoffed out, raising your head to look back up at him.

"...You understand I had to do that, right?"

...

...

Yeah, right. He just had to attempt murder against Heizou, huh? He absolutely had to.

"No. You didn't. You could have run, or made a truce..." You reprimanded, although you know half of that wasn't true. Heizou would have still attacked him had he made a truce.

"I.... are you seriously taking his side? He attacked me first. I'm the victim here, not him." Kazuha's grip on your shoulder tightened as you sneered at him.

"Oh, really? Then who's the one lying unconscious in his bed with a stab wound? It sure isn't you, Kazuha."

"Y/n.... you know I love you... I only did it to protect you..." He said tenderly, leaning down towards you as he gazed into your e/c eyes with a dreamy stare.

"..." As if captured in a web, you couldn't even say anything back at him. His eyes were hypnotizing, that crimson orange-red color. What were you supposed to say anyway?

"Y...Y/n.." He began with a tone as if he was in a daze, the red-eyed man's hand creeping up to the back of your head as he leaned even closer to your face.

Wait... wait, what?! What is this guy doing???

Lovingly, he pressed his lips onto yours, closing his eyes, while yours remained wide open. His lips were soft, lightly chapped from biting in stress from countless nights thinking about you. Fantasizing about you. Dreaming about you. Watching you.

As he pulled away, all you could do was stare at him in shock and confusion. He still gave you that dreamy stare, his breathing slightly heavier than before.