Chapter 17 (extra long!) (TW⚠️)

TWWWWW FOR THIS CHAPTER!!!: g0re descriptions, suggestive lines (it's not weird g0re n$fw or something dont worry), profanity

this is THE chapter. pretty much. the end of this arc, i suppose! guess whatll happen lol im curious what you guys think...

(Make sure to listen to an emotional song fr 🙏🙏🙏i wont dictate what song this time lol)

======================================================================================================================================================

You had expected the wine-eyed man standing in the doorway to be a silhouette of the big bad wolf, to be an enemy, fuming in anger and envy, but no. His face contorting, was not in anger, not in the urge to fight. The man standing beneath this cherry wood was broken. No fighting spirit, just shock, just grief, like his entire life flashed before his eyes in that one second. No fighting spirit, just the need to destroy. To destroy that green-eyed fool, or himself? He didn't know which. He looked like he was about to drop to his knees and that square meter of wood would be his resting place. He had lived his entire life, for you, the hope that maybe one day someone would show him the love you showed to others, the only thing fueling him to try, and it was all for this.

As you stared dumbfoundedly, you barely had the time to realize Heizou's expression. Seething, burning acid colored eyes, not the cool sage, not the sea green you had seen in earlier moments. And the moment you saw him, you thought that Kazuha's coffin might just be made out of cherry wood too.

Kazuha POV-

In the second it took me to open a door, my life fell apart.

What a fool I am. What a fool! All the moments I spent, with my family, with my friends, thinking, stupidly believing, foolishly trusting. I always knew my family didn't truly love me. Back in those summer evenings and those winter mornings when I was just a child, I already had the weight of an entire family's problems on my shoulders. I was prized, of course. A son, to work for the family and earn money, even if we already had all we could wish for. They loved me, if I obeyed. Their care was stitched from my achievements. At the drop of a hat, I was left alone again. Albeit by my own decision or not. Every friend I ever made would be gone within the span of a year, coming and going annually like flocking birds. I was tired of it. I sat in the middle of the ocean, writing poems, thinking to the only person I knew would never leave me, which was myself. My whole life I have spent on a journey to search for eternity, and now that the final judgement has been made, I wonder if eternity is impossible because humans aren't supposed to love. We may try, but the closest we get to love will be a mutual acknowledgment disguised and dressed up with ribbons and bows.

That's what I had thought until I saw you. Y/n, the love of my life from that point on. While on a trip to Mondstadt, I saw them making their way through the small village and big city, a skip and a dance in their step as they went. Stopping to smell the flowers. Even if they were alone, even if it was frivolous, they did it with whimsy. I stayed in Mondstadt, trying to work up the courage to talk to this mysterious individual with a friendly atmosphere, but I never could do it.

I watched you every night. It started out as young love, an innocent crush where all I wanted was to hold your hand forever. I grew more restless, my hands more ravenous and my need to love and be loved starving, wanting to claw its way at your throat and pluck at your vocal chords to make you say "I love you" and to prove that you are, and I am, and we were.

Eventually, I needed money. I couldn't bear the pain of being away from you, worrying that you may be gone, or you fell in love with someone I failed to keep away. Luckily, I found a job offer on a boat that often docked at Liyue, not too far from Mondstadt. It was the best offer at the time. I got to know the owner of the ship, a strong, feisty woman with a hunger for beer and adventure, Beidou, who I would later recognize as my good buddy.