Chapter 7.5 (interlude)

[interlude chapter - 

interlude- [for anyone unaware] 

a pause between the acts of a play.]

It had been a couple hours since the two of you had set out to search for clues and possible culprits. It was surprisingly nice that day, despite the foggy morning. It almost felt a little bit like Mondstadt. The sun hung in the sky, illuminating the waters and the land. The sun shone through the branches of trees, highlighting the ground and any passer-byer with warmth.

"Haaa! We've been walking for a while, no? Care for a quick break?" Heizou looked back at you, sunbeams illuminating his eyes at the perfect angle.

"Sounds good to me!" You were basically panting.

The two of you sat down on a rock, and you wiped a bead of sweat from your forehead while Heizou grabbed two bottles of water from his duffel bag.

"You want it?" As he turned to look at you, it felt like now is the only thing in existence. His teeth were perfectly lined, his lips just looked so... kissable, his eyes were so calm but vibrant, his hair wild but with rule, and his smile lit up the whole entire moment. Not that his appearance mattered, but he was pretty attractive... The two birthmarks underneath his eyelids caught your attention. Before you knew it, your hands were reaching up and out of your comfort zone to cup the cheeks of the man sitting before you, and caress the small dots. You just...wait what? What the hell are you doing?

"Thanks." You snapped out of it and grabbed the water from his hand. When your fingertips brushed against his and your eye contact was just too long by a millisecond, it made you flustered. How stupid. You? After everything? Getting flustered by fingertips and soft eyelashes? And Heizou could tell. You could tell he could tell, by how he tried to pull your gaze back to his, with that stupid cocky smile...

"Why'd you pull away..?" He whispered under his breath.

Ahem! Anyways...

Heizou suddenly perked up and his eyes narrowed. Soon after, you could hear soft footsteps emerging from the bush-filled path. Your senses become heightened as well.

Wait... is that..?

"Kazuha?!" You stood up and ran over to the silk-haired man. "What are you doing here?" He wore the same calm smile as always.

Ŵ̸̡̛͕̗͎̤̹͖̳̼̪͔̱̃͒͜i̶̢̙̗̤̻̗̥̽t̵͍̠̖̍̌͗̀̅̑̌̌̆͒h̴̛̜̰̬̠̮̆̈͛̔̑̒͘͜͝ ̶̝̀͌͆̽̽̍ḁ̸̡̯͖̬̦͔̺̀̓̌̓͒ ̵̙̹̖̘̅̅̅̀̆̈́ḧ̴͓͚̻̦͍͓̻͎̟͓̔̓̿͑̂͌̎͂͛͋͜͠i̵̹̣̺̰̣̅̀̾̎̅͗̈̐ņ̴̨̖̜͚͔̭͓̻̎̃̏̾͒̚t̴̜͓̱͔̋̂̄̂̒̀̾̓̔̈́ ̵̭̎̀̾̑̉͆̓͊̊̐ớ̴̧͎͖̖̙̦͚̯̰̜͆̓̅f̸̺̖̫͌͌...̶͔̟͔̖̱̑̈͌̈͑͗̋̿͐̚͘

"Oh, my! I didn't know you meant that Heizou." Kazuha chuckled as he gazed at the maroon-haired detective standing behind the two of you, then turned his attention back onto you. "To answer your question, I was actually looking for you!"

"Oh! Well you got lucky, hehe!" The two of you giggled. "Why were you looking for me, Kazuha?"

"I heard that the criminal you were investigating is supposed to be... quite intimidating. I got worried about you. I know you're capable, but I just felt as if I needed to do something. I felt useless just sitting on that ship watching people come and go. So... would you two mind if I accompanied you on your investigation? Don't worry, I won't get in the way..." He stared at Heizou and both of their smiles faded. "...too much."

"Well... it's really up to Heizou. I'd love for you to come along." You turned around and looked at him, his winning smile still stitched onto his face.

"Of course he can come along. I'm actually quite strong myself.." Heizou clenched his teeth. "But it doesn't hurt to have an extra couple of hands! Plus, Kazuha and I are actually old friends!" It seemed as if they smiled at each other with resentment... if that makes sense.

"Oh, really? How do you guys know each other?"

"Oh... we're just old schoolmates."

"That's cool!"

...

The both of them were staring at you. Did they want you to say something...?

"Well... um.. Let's get going now, then. We only have so much time." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYBODY !!! how ya been?

I know my apologies for being inconsistent are getting old so ill spare u guys it this time 💀

my excuse? ive been crying over like 3 different games 😭😭

[i missed like ONE note on colorfulstage /project sekai💀💀💀💀💀💀rhythm game btw] [the other two made me cry bc of storyline] 

anyway they're all very good games, the last 2 are free actually you guys should play [omori is outstanding but unfortunately it COSTS 30 DOLLARS???!] 

OK ANYWYA sorry for the short chapter, it's just kind of like a like when you put tiles in a floor then u need to put that filling in between them, u know? or like ketchup on a burger or whatever. 

ANYWAY SEE U ALL SOON THIS TIME HOPEFULLLY !! 💀😭💗