Hot Springs

Amelie chuckled at the memory, "That feels like just yesterday, when really, it was thousands of years ago, how crazy..."

"What's wrong, Yuzuriha?! Who made you cry?!" Taiju turned his head every which way to find the culprit before concluding, "Was it me?!

"No, I'm not crying!" denied the crying girl, "I mean, it's not that I'm not crying...but it's not like that, Taiju."

Taiju blinked in confusion at the strangely worded sentence.

"For once, I understand your confusion, Teddy, that was strange wording," Amelie blinked as some cherry blossoms landed on her, one balanced on her nose.

"What the?? Why does the random stuff always happen to me?"

Yuzuriha wistfully continued, "I just woke up today, and nothing feels real right now. But seeing the real Great Buddha of Kamakura made me realize we really are in Japan. It really has been thousands of years...I started thinking of my mom and dad, and everyone else."

"These damn cherry blossoms, how many landed on me?" Amelie muttered as she brushed one off her shoulder.

She felt long, calloused fingers mess with her hair, "What are you doing?"

"Surprisingly, there are a lot of these in here. It's clashing against your hair badly," Senku said lowly as he carelessly tossed a few away.

She rolled her eyes, "Gee, thanks; I'm not dying my hair again, can't with our predicament anyway."

"You don't look like yourself with colored hair anyway, I prefer it like this," Senku pulled away and started to walk toward Taiju, "There's nothing to worry about. We're about to beat Tsukasa and save all humanity."

"That's right! And the Great Buddha just told us the way! He's stood thousands of years without falling apart. He really is a god. Wait, a Buddha? Well, anyway, something like that!" Taiju agreed, laughing boisterously.

Amelie raised a finger, "Well, yeah, it's bronze. In Senku fashion, 'Scientifically, it just doesn't rot' is what he'd say."

"Your impersonation of me is terrible."

"I wasn't trying," she deadpanned.

"Look!" Taiju exclaimed, standing at the foot of the statue, "There's absolutely no foliage around the Buddha! It's like he made it so we could find him easily!"

"Well, yeah, it's leaking copper ions like crazy. It's just poisonous to most plants," Senku explained.

"Senku. Bronze. Buddha," Amelie stopped next to him.

Senku hit his palm in realization, "That's it bronze! We can use it to make mirrors!" he ruffled her hair much to her annoyance, "Time to upgrade my trash sextant!"

He got out his stone hammer ready to hack away at the statue, "I'll just help myself to some is this!"

"Stop it! You blasphemous bastard!" Taiju ran to stop Senku, who was cackling evilly, "It's a Great Buddha!"

"Shut up, simpleton! Go away!"

The girls both showed amusement at their boys, they were still the same after all this time.

The next day the group arrived at a river after waking to start their journey.

They made a quick raft to carry them and their belongings and set off.

"That giant body's actually struggling for once, huh?" Senku teased the brute as he pulled the raft, everyone else rowed.

"I'm barely fine! I'm just tall enough, I mean!" Taiju huffed out a breath as he continued, "I still have plenty of energy, though! Not to worry!"