IKEA and Scallion: The Origin

"Hey...You said you feel the same way about Senku...I'm curious, how did the two of you meet and become friends? How did you get to where you are now?"

Amelie sighed, "It's a long story."

Chrome frowned, "I shared! That's not fair."

"Fine. But I've never told anyone other than those directly involved in this story," she glared at him, "So if you tell anyone, I'll shatter your kneecaps."

"R-right, got it."

"It started before I was a scientist, my father didn't support what I wanted to do, he wanted me to follow in my mother's footsteps..."

"Your mother?"

"Passed during my birth, he punished me for that every day–Anyway, I did what he wanted for a while, to feel like I was paying him back for killing her. I didn't have a dream or a goal of my own until I met Senku..."

A young Amelie gripped her schoolbag tight, the Japanese language was familiar but foreign, she studied...but hearing it in person; the dialects coming from all directions...was overwhelming.

"Just relax, I need to relax," she whispered in French.

"Riku! Go on, now!" her father barked at her from the car he leaned against.

She twitched every time he called her that. She quickly made her way inside the school building.

"I hated that name. I hated it because he chose it."

As she finally settled into the classroom, she observed the symbols, students, and desks.

Immediately her eyes were drawn to green hair, it was the first time she'd met someone with hair like hers. Hair with two completely different colors.

He was brave enough to wear his, she dyed her dark blue ends, blonde, like the rest of her hair.

"Entomology..." she heard the word amongst his mumbling.

"He seems fun," she tilted her head in intrigue.

She observed the other students again, all of them giggling and laughing like the elementary students they were...then this boy, taking notes with a passion.

"He's different, I like that," she nodded, sitting at the desk with her name on it.

"SENKU!"

"Hey, what are you writing?" A brunet boy, much taller than the average student, peeked over the boy's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, you wouldn't understand anyway," Senku sighed.

"Senku..." the name rolled off her tongue before she turned in her seat.

"Love at first sight, huh?" Chrome chuckled.

"Are you still on about that? No."

"One day, we learned about different types of careers, and I discovered mechanics. And it was like, this light I didn't know was there lit up. I knew that's what I wanted. My father let me buy things–I got a hefty allowance, but he didn't know I was using it to learn whatever I could; build whatever I could."

"Hey, you're Riku Harai, right?"

Amelie glanced up, meeting kind brown eyes, "No–Well, yes–But I like Amelie more, that's my second name."

He smiled, "Okay, Amelie."

She blinked, "Your French is terrible. And I just said it."

"I'm Taiju Oki!" he offered a hand, which she shook.