mourning

☆.。.:*.。.:*☆

"Get to the stables!" Caspian shouted towards Cornelius, clearly not too interested in his reply. His jaw was clenched and his body shook.
"Casp-"
He grabbed her hand and dragged her up the stairs and through the very same corridor in which she had attempted to escape the night before, admittedly holding her a fraction too tight.
"Where are we going?! Where are the others?!"
All she could hear was his heavy breathing in response.

He briefly stopped and turned to look at her with a finger to his lips and dark, vengeful eyes. Whatever the professor had told Caspian had angered him beyond compare and he now felt responsible to finish something unbeknownst to Estelle. She'd quickly realised that he'd brought her to the room that held a sleeping Miraz and his wife. Without hesitation, Caspian held his beloved sword against his uncle's neck, much like he did to the girl during their first encounter.

"Thank goodness...you are safe" the tyrant spoke through chuckles.
"get up."
As Miraz lifted himself from his bed, the movement woke his sleeping wife, Prunaprismia.
"Caspian?"
"Stay where you are!"
"What are you doing?" The woman was clearly panicked, she'd just given birth and now her only nephew was holding a blade against her husbands throat. Estelle truly felt sympathy for her yet knew that the Telmarines would be ultimately better off without Miraz as their leader. She pointed her dagger at the woman, silently hoping that she would back down or run away to safety.
"I should think it is obvious, dear"

His eyes flickered over to Estelle, amusement washing over him as he acknowledged her presence.
"and you bring me my prisoner, it is good to see you Estelle 'March'"
"Estelle?" Prunaprismia questioned.
"You know, some might consider this inappropriate behaviour"
"That doesn't seem to have stopped you!" Caspian spoke through gritted teeth.
"But you're not like me, are you? it's sad, the first time you show any backbone, and it's such a waste"
"Don't" Estelle found herself warning Prunaprismia as she held up a loaded crossbow, directing it both at Caspian and the believed-to-be-dead girl.
"Put the sword down Caspian, I don't want to do this"

"We don't want you too either!" The oh-so recognisable voice of Susan Pevensie echoed throughout the chamber. Peter beside her with Rhindon drawn.
"This used to be a private room-"
"Caspian, what are you doing? You're supposed to be at the gatehouse!"
"No! tonight, for once, I want the truth! Did you kill my father?" Caspian pressed.
"You told me your brother died in his sleep!"
Estelle felt the bubble of rage forming in her again, erupting into words that dripped with venom.
"Did he also say that about Orion? or did he mention how he murdered him too?" She wasn't just angry about her own family, but Caspian's too. Miraz had taken everything from them.

The two Pevensie's in the room drew their attention to the girl soaked in blood. Peter feeling a variety of emotions, guilt, anger, relief, but now was not the time for apologies.
"Orion-" Prunaprismia said as if she was finally solving the puzzle.
"We Telmarines would have nothing had we not taken it! they both knew that as well as anyone."
"How could you-"
"For the same reason that you will pull that trigger" He took a few menacing steps towards Caspian, causing Estelle to grip her dagger a little bit tighter.
"Stop! Stay right there!" Susan ordered.
"For our son! You must choose, do you want him to be King? or do you want him to be like Caspian and Estelle here? Fatherless!"

His words hit Prunaprismia right where he had intended as she let out a pained scream and shot an arrow directly at Caspian, giving Miraz his chance to escape. She collapsed onto the bed sobbing as if her head may explode with the all the new information.
"Caspian!" Estelle shouted, she pocketed her blade and ran over to the boy, applying pressure to his wound.
"Estelle! are you okay?" Susan asked, panicked by the girls bloody appearance and disheveled hair.
"I'm fine- come on"
The four took off towards the courtyard, none of them prepared to see the massacre waiting for them.