Chapter 36 - A game

"In your heart or you can say in your consciousness. When your Spiritual Power becomes stronger in the future, you'll understand. Our consciousness is actually a blank space but the ordinary ones can't control it. So right now, you could only reach your own space of consciousness with my guidance but don't worry, I'm sure you'll get stronger to do it alone next time." Nana smiled.

Lan Xuanyu didn't understand. "Space of consciousness? Is it Spiritual Power?"

Nana thought about it for a moment and replied, "I think so, I've only understood these after I used my Spiritual Power."

"That's cool. Can I always meet Teacher Nana here then?" Lan Xuanyu asked.

"As long as the distance isn't too far apart, it should be alright. But only I can come and find you," Nana said.

"Alright! Alright!" Lan Xuanyu exclaimed excitedly.

Nana then said, "What would you like to learn when I become your teacher next time?"

Lan Xuanyu paused for a while and said, "I don't know but there is a girl in school who keeps trying to bully me. Her Spirit Skill is one that is a hundred years old but I don't know why it would always lose its effectiveness when it is used on me. Teacher Nana, do you know how to fight?"

Nana thought for a second and replied, "I think so."

Lan Xuanyu then asked, "But is it bad to fight?"

Nana chuckled. "It depends on why you're fighting; if it's to protect the people that you should protect, then it's not a bad thing. For example, if your mommy is getting bullied, wouldn't you protect her? And what if that time comes and you can't? What would you do?

Lan Xuanyu seemed to understand what she had said. "So the purpose of cultivating is to protect? To protect the people I love?"

"Yeah, you can say so and that's right! Protect and guard the people you love." Nana's eyes turned vacant and dazed like she recalled something.

"Teacher Nana, are you okay?" Lan Xuanyu waved his hand in front of her.

Nana then came to her senses. "I don't know either. I just suddenly recalled something. Xuanyu, what do you really want to learn right now? I have to think through on how to teach you too."

Lan Xuanyu tilted his head and said, "Teacher Nana, I don't really dare to hit people, is there any method to dodge from getting beaten by them?"

"Why don't you dare to hit people?" Nana laughed.

"I am a little timid," Lan Xuanyu said shyly.

Nana's smile became more vibrant and this child couldn't help but stare when he saw her expression that was akin to the brightly-colored flowers in spring.

"I can't teach you how to control the elements here. Why don't I teach you some footwork? When you learn this, the others will not be able to hit you. Is that alright?"