Chapter 59 - Elite junior class

Qiu Yuxin smiled faintly. "Of course it's a good thing. I've got news that we will be starting an elite junior class next semester. We will be picking the most outstanding people from all the affiliated academies to join.

Lan Xuanyu was surprised. He then asked, "What is the elite junior class?"

"It is a special class for students with excellent character and learning, and this class would be more advanced compared to the usual curriculum. The class will be taught by the most outstanding teachers in the academy so it can also be called the gifted class. The criteria to enroll in the gifted class is to be ten years old and below and must be recommended by the affiliated schools themselves. The first, second and third graders in our academy have a chance to apply for it. You're only eight years old, aren't you? You're just right for it. The assessment will be carried out in accordance to one's overall quality. If you get in, it's almost guaranteed that you'll be enrolled in an advanced Spirit Masters academy. Also, you have an advantage because of your age. Your future is promising, therefore, you must not slack off during your holidays and must train hard. Then, when the time comes, you'll have to showcase your overall quality. Once you're accepted, it'll be amazing, even I'm so envious of you," Qiu Yuxin replied.

"Elite junior class! Thank you, Teacher Qiu. Can I tell my mother about this?" Lan Xuanyu asked.

"Of course, you may. You'll also need her to get you ready. Anyway, you must remember that the better your overall quality, the higher the chance. There are a total of 10 applicants applying for the assessment and I've signed you up. Do your best!"

"Thank you, Teacher Qiu, I will definitely work hard." Lan Xuanyu nodded firmly.

He was still a child, but after going through some things, he had clearly grown up much faster these past six months than before. At least now, he found a reason to work harder. Whether it was for his Teacher Nana or to protect his mother, it had left a deep impact in his heart.

Qiu Yuxin gave him a nod. "Alright, hurry go home then."

The elite junior class was still in Lan Xuanyu's mind even after he walked out of the classroom but at the second he stepped out of the door, a voice rang in his ears.

"Lan Xuanyu."

Hearing someone calling him, Lan Xuanyu turned around quickly and he was shocked to see that the one calling him wasn't someone else but that strong Ye Lingtong who kept bullying him.

"Ye Lingtong? You're back?" Lan Xuanyu was surprised to see her.

Ye Lingtong's bit her lips gently with her pearly white teeth and nodded toward Lan Xuanyu. Compared to the prior few months, she looked much paler and her eyes didn't seem as bright as before.

"I came to find you." Ye Lingtong walked to Lan Xuanyu.

"What for?" Lan Xuanyu asked curiously.

Ye Lingtong pursed her red lips. "I came to tell you that I will definitely find a way to defeat you. I will win against you for sure."

Lan Xuanyu knitted his brows. "Oh, is there anything else? If not, I'll take my leave."

"Why didn't you ask where I've been these few months? You're so annoying." Ye Lingtong appeared somewhat angry.

"Who's the annoying one, huh? You're the one provoking me all the time, you're the annoying one. Why does it matter to me where you've been these past few months? I'm going home," Lan Xuanyu said in an unpleasant tone before he turned around and walked away.

Ye Lingtong felt her nose stinging as she watched him stomping off and her tears were about to fall. She was really so unhappy these few months!

Actually, she didn't go anywhere and had been at home the whole time. There were many people at her house and they said that they were there to protect the safety of her and her mother. Her dad didn't return home at all.