Chapter 50: Fooled

"Ding!" The door of the elevator opened and the man dressed in leather got inside in a flash. He then pressed the button to get to the 111th floor.

The door closed and the elevator swiftly went up. He went through a total of 11 levels and he got there quick.

At this moment, the 111th floor in the building was somewhat chaotic.

"What happened? Why can't we connect to the network? Try using the system to connect to the central bank and activate all the security measures," the supervisor responded quickly.

One must know that at a place like the Horizon Building, there were at least a dozen ways to connect to the central bank so it wouldn't just disconnect because of just a connectivity issue. If they were all interrupted at the same time, then that would be something that they would consider as a problem.

"Contact the Zi Luo City's police. Get them to send some people over right away."

"Supervisor, I can't dial out with the Spirit Guidance communication device, I can't connect directly either," a staff member replied anxiously.

"Something is wrong, there must be an extremely strong inference signal if this happened. Quick, shut down the system, shut down the internal system!" The supervisor said in a hurry.

"Don't shut it down! That would be bad. There would be at least over a billion Federal dollars that we would have to collect again next time. How troublesome! Why don't you just take me away." A nefarious-sounding voice echoed in the think tank centre.

"Bang!"

The door opened and the man dressed in leather with a helmet on his head walked in. The door that was supposed to have three layers of encryption didn't do much after the network was cut off.

The more advanced a technology product was, the more reliant it would be on the technology itself. There wasn't any physical defense system in place in the entire Horizon Building and everything was completely controlled by technology.

The supervisor exclaimed, "Who are you? How did you come in? This is impossible, even if there is interference from the outside, our internal system wouldn't be affected. You"

"Why is it impossible? I would be able to enter if someone told me your internal password, right? Alright, enough bullsh*t. All of you keep quiet." As he spoke, the man dressed in leather pressed on the crystal on his helmet.

"Weng"

An invisible wave burst forth and all the staff members present fainted and fell to the ground one after another.

"Look, the world is clean now!" The man in leather chuckled loudly but his actions didn't stop at all. He walked towards the core part of the think tank centre without a shred of hesitation.

"Sometimes, when a mission is completed so easily, it isn't a very pleasant thing. How boring!" As he spoke, he wandered leisurely to the control room of the think tank centre, his metal hand appeared once again and drilled into its walls.

"Buzz buzz, buzz buzz" The electric current surged through and the control room began to show him all kinds of data.

The eyes of the man that were hidden behind the helmet became hazy, they reflected all of the data and he quickly worked on them.

"Found it! Hehe." He chuckled and mumbled to himself. "64 layers of decryption, it's a little complicated but I just need three minutes. Slowly, don't be anxious. Ahhh, why is my brain so wonderful?"

Layers and layers of firewalls were removed, it was as if the coat of the think tank were being stripped off with its core slowly revealing itself before the man's eyes.