chapter 71

Next morning..

at Khanna House

around 7 am

A strong ray of sun shines through the window, comes directly on Avni's face, due to which her sleep is broken.
She didn't know when she fell asleep while waiting for Neil last night.

Avni opens her eyes and rubs her eyes slightly for a clear view..
She sits up and then finds herself in bed, while she remembers very well that she was sitting on the couch waiting for Neil...

Avni - main yehan kab aayi...aur neil... kya neil ab tak wapas nahi aaya.....( She says this while looking around the room where she can't find Neil.)

She thinks about something and sees that her phone is on the table near the couch....

She gets out of bed and goes to her phone and with her phone she is about to call Neil's number....But something catches her eye... She sees a box of chocolates and a card lying on her side table of the bed.

Avni goes closer to the bed and takes the card in her hand and opens it....and reads that it is written in..

Sorry Jaana To make you wait, but look, I went away from you but did not forget my promise... as soon as I came to you, I brought your chocolate with me...

Avni reads this and sees that chocolate.. and then reads further...

I love you wifey.. I hope you will not be angry with me for coming late

Avni reads all this and suddenly her eyes fill with slight tears...

Reading his letter Avni understands that Neil has come home and before this she searches for Neil in the house... She suddenly hears the sound of the washroom door opening....

Avni looks over there and finds Neil standing there who is walking out of the washroom after taking a shower.
He's in trousers and a T-shirt and a towel around his neck and a little water dripping from his wet hair.....

Avni sees him and Neil sees her... Neil smiles seeing the card in her hand and speaks

Neil - good morning wifey

Avni hears this and sees him silently...

Neil sees that she didn't wish him back that's why he speaks again

Neil - By the way thank you for waiting for me....(saying this he goes in front of the mirror and starts drying his hair with a towel....)

Avni hears this and it is no surprise to her how Neil came to know that she was waiting for him...
Surely when Neil must have come back, he must have guessed after seeing her sleeping on the couch with his shirt on, and after that Neil must have made him sleep on the bed...

Neil again sees that Avni is not saying anything but is watching him silently....
He smiles sadly because now he has got used to Avni's silence.. Whatever he talks to her Avni doesn't reply....

Neil turns towards her and Avni looks at him... Both are looking at each other silently and then Avni speaks

Avni - kahan the tum? Aur kahan gye the...? Aur tum ghar kab aaye ?

Neil hears this and smiles....and speaks

Neil - Don't worry, I didn't go to do anything wrong...

Avni looks at him and Neil sees her

Avni - I have trust in you... I was just worried that's why I asked this question and your phone was also switched off...

Neil sees her........