Chapter 25

Hey Hey ...

*******************

Total casualties were seventeen. Only five was his men. It was surely a raid. To assassinate the people he loved. On his office desk there were only twelve files, carrying the information of people who dared to enter his club.

He read all of the files. There was no time to sleep with the work he had. Only let his guard down when he was with Natasha. She naturally managed to bring it out of him.

Nathaniel leaned his head on the office chair while putting his left leg on top of his right knee. In his left hand he was swirling the slight whiskey that he had in the glass that he was holding. He kept his eyes on the giant door that was in front of him. To anyone that looked at him, it would look like that he is expecting someone, but he was just deep in his thoughts.

His cold eyes slowly turned to the drawer that was under his desk. With his free hand he opened it and pulled out a little framed photo. That took thirteen years ago. He was just eleven then. The parents were missing like usual. This was the only photo Nathaniel had with all of the siblings. They all looked too professional in the photo all but Jacob and Natasha. Jacob was only four then. He had blonde hair which got darker as he got older. Others hair colors were the same which they have now. Only Jacob and Natasha had livelihood in the picture because at the time Jacob tickled Natasha to take out her contagious laugh.

Ashton was on the other side of Natasha. For a one year old at the time he had mastered the poker face of his. He just looked at the camera with boring eyes. So did the others, who stood respectively behind Jacob, Natasha and Ashton. Nathaniel and Christian hated taking photos of themselves. So Nathaniel was sure this was the only photo that all of them took together.

Sighing quietly, he put back the framed photo inside the drawer and locked it. Behind his desk, there was the giant windows that could look in to the forest like garden. But Nathaniel made sure to close upon the scenery with black colored curtains. There was no need to look outside now. It was just snowing nonstop.

At the sides of his giant office, there was racks filled with books until it goes towards the roof.
Nathaniel knew still anybody hadn't showed Natasha the library they have in the mansion. She would like to spend time in there. Must remember to show that to her.

He missed number of dinners and lunches that he would've took with her. But there was lot of work that needed his utmost attention. He knew there was someone always with her. Their father didn't missed a single room not placing security cameras all except their bed rooms. They were very well hidden and thanks to that Natasha didn't felt any uncomfortableness with that case.

Nathaniel saw through the laptop screen what actually happened that morning. Natasha leaving her place at the ground floor gym and both Ashton and Angelo practicing boxing. About ten seconds later the dog appearing through the door and taking a mouthful of Natasha's drawings and also her phone that was chilling on the couch.

Nathaniel fast forwarded the video about a minute and saw Natasha returning to the room. He saw how she looked for missing drawings but didn't realized that her phone was also missing from the crime scene. Angelo and Ashton seems to have notice that she was missing from their eyesight. And hurried down the ring and started to follow her.

Nathaniel switched to the hallway cameras and saw Natasha stubbing her toe at the wall and skipping at the place muttering to herself. There was no audio with the footage so Nathaniel couldn't understand what she had muttered at the time. Nathaniel saw through the camera how Rocky sprawled out on the floor chewing on her phone. And also Natasha screaming when she saw that.