Chapter 17

I stand in the dooropening with flowers and McDonald's in my hands. The door opens and Jaden stands there confused.

"Hey, can I come in please?" I ask. It's currently 11 pm he's probably confused why I am here after our fight. I told Jaden about it and he was mad that I called her out like that. I didn't tell him I like her tho.

"Uh," he scratches the back of his neck.

Hazel walks from around the corner and stops when she sees me.

"Move." I push him away.

I walk over to her scared as fuck. I put the McDonald's and the flowers on the ground and pull her in a hug. It's a really long hug. But honestly I don't mind because damn I needed that.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper in her shoulder.

She doesn't say anything but keeps hugging me. Looks like she really needed that hug too.

After a minute I let go a little and our faces are so close. "Wanna talk upstairs. I can explain everything." I smile a little and her eyes light up.

In the meanwhile Jaden has left us alone.

"Yeah, let's go." She replies after staring into my eyes for a while.

"I also got you flowers, a McChicken and a strawberry milkshake." I grab the stuff from the ground and give them to her.

"Thank you, that's really sweet." She smiles and smells the flowers. "They are so pretty." She says while we're walking our way to the stairs. Kate has a really big house, a really beautiful one too.

"Yeah, I thought you would like them. They suit you." I get red. Matt stop.

Hazel giggles and we walk up the stairs.

When we get in her room I close the door behind me. "Alright," I begin. A little anxious.

She sits on the bed and I sit next to her. The flowers and McDonald's lay down on her desk.

"I uh, overheard you and my mom talk. I was going to the toilet and I was done, I was about to walk back when I heard you and my mom talk. You said that you absolutely didn't like me." It goes silent. I don't know what I should say to her, should I tell her or not?

"But why did you get mad?" She asks and plays with her rings.

"Because, I-" I go silent. I don't know if I can tell her.

"Tell me, Matt." We make eye-contact.

"I uhh," ah fuck it. "BecauseIreallylikeyoubutyoudontlikemeback." I say very quickly and look away.

"Matt. I like you too, idiot. I just thought I didn't like you, but when I left I knew I liked you and I thought you hated me." She smiles.

My heart flutters. She likes me too?

I look in her eyes and her cheeks turn red. I grab her face and kiss her. She immediately kisses me back. God, how much I've wanted to do this.

"Should we go to the beach?" She lets go of me and smiles excitedly.

"Really? We just had our moment and you think of that?" I chuckle. She's so cute.

"Sorry," she chuckles just like her little sister, Amara.

"Come on let's go." I stand up and she grabs the McDonald's food.

"Let's go!" She opens the door for me and runs downstairs.

Ah, what a great day.

***

Pov Hazel
I let the wind go thru my hair. It feels so good. Especially on Matt's motorcycle. Matt looks so hot whenever he's on a motorcycle. It's just, ah. I tighten my grip around his waist when he goes a little faster.