Chapter 26

Another dumb school day is starting again. I wasn't at school for a day but I can't just stay home because of what happened.

I get out of my car and Nori and Madi run towards me. "You're back!" They both give me a hug.

"Yeah." I smile a little. Because deep down I don't wanna be here, ever again.

"Should we go to Jaden, Asher and Matt? There over their!" Madi points at the three boys standing next to Asher's car.

"Mhm, can we go inside? I don't want to talk to people right now." I shrug my shoulders. "But you two can go, I just need some time to think." I give them a small nod.

They look at eachother. "So, you wanna walk alone?" Nori asks.

"Well, if you wanna come with me, you can but I need some time to think." I look down.

"Okay. Uhm, we'll go talk to the guys if that's okay by you." Madi says feeling bad.

"Yeah, totally." I smile and leave them.

Pov Matt
I look over at Hazel who walks away and Nori and Madi walk our way. "What?" I mumble.

"Where's Hazel going?" I ask the girls.

"She wanted some time for herself." Nori explains.

"Is she okay?" Jaden asks.

"I don't know." Madi sighs and looks over at Hazel.

"Imma head to her, I'll see you guys." I run over to Hazel.

"Hey baby." I wrap my arms around her shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Do you know the, the guy at the wedding? The man looks like someone but I couldn't really see his face." She stops walking and looks at me.

"Who does he look like?" I ask not knowing who she talks about.

"That's the problem, I don't know. I thought you might know." She shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't even know which guy you mean."

"The guy that was dancing with my mom. My mom has been acting mad sus too."

"I don't know, ask your mom? She'll know him, if she's dancing with him." I shrug my shoulders, I don't know why she's so bothered by that guy.

"I did. But she didn't say anything and it seemed like she was crying." She says.

"Well, I don't know." I shrug my shoulders. The bell rings and we let go of eachother.

***

Pov Hazel
It's break time and I'm sitting alone with Matt when the principal walks towards us.

"Hello Hazel and Matt. How are you doing Hazel?" The principal asks.

"Hi, uh, im good. How are you?" I ask politely.

"I'm okay, thank you. I just wanted a second to talk to you." He says.

"Uh, right now? Can Matt come with me?" I look at Matt.

"Uhm, I want to speak to you but if you feel uncomfortable, Matt can come with you." He says. I sigh, he definitely knows.

***

Matt and I sit in front of the principal.

"So, I have a big surprise for you." He smirks. What? He doesn't want to talk about everything?

I look at Matt confused, he shrugs his shoulders and lays his hand on my thigh.

"But first I wanted to ask if you want to turn around and face the door." The principal says. I do so and face the door.