#014 -ˋˏ ༻someone's bold༺ ˎˊ-

Others laughed at Mason's joke, but I stayed quiet. What if he wasn't joking?

I started zoning out, deep in thought about what Mason said. I must admit he was always a jokester about these kinds of things. He would always confirm he was joking, but his actions spoke louder than his words. I mean, look at us, we cuddled a day ago and not to make things weird, but he was on top of me today! I couldn't help but feel confused about what we two were.

I felt him moving closer to me, basically to the point where I could feel his breath above my neck which gave me chills. What was he doing?

"We're not gonna listen to him, right?" he whispered

He was referring to the purple tounges, I got nervous and giggled at him, turning my head away from his while he gave me a smirk. I tried to cover my face and calm down, but I just felt my face heating up even more.

"What do you say, hm?" he whispered once more

His tone made me weak in the knees. If I'm being honest, he had me wrapped around his finger at this point. I was flustered, maybe even on edge, and didn't know how to respond constantly avoiding eye contact. He noticed my nervousness and grabbed my chin with his finger, making me face him with our faces only centimetres apart.

I noticed a pink colour spread across his face, meaning he was nervous too but was well at hiding it, no wonder he's a great actor.

"Uhm," I said

I was forced to look at him, I couldn't look away even if I wanted to. We were maintaining eye contact for good 12 long seconds; I wasn't counting but that's the closest time I could think of. I mean, who counts seconds while staring at someone, that couldn't be me. It felt like I was in another world, feeling an unfamiliar feeling in my stomach but also comfort. That was until I felt a masculine hand on my shoulder and snapped back to reality, realizing it wasn't Mason.

The person now pulled us away from each other, making us break eye contact. I was relieved but confused at the same time, where were we going with that, what would have happened if the person hadn't interrupted us? I felt questions flood my head.

"Too close," Brady said

The others started to laugh, even Mason chuckled which made me confused. I was feeling a thousand emotions at once, but I only showed confusion even though I attempted to stay cool. I was embarrassed at them laughing, nervous and flustered at what Mason did but also happy for a moment. Though, that emotion didn't stay for long because of my overthinking. He could have just been messing with me and playing around with my feelings but honestly, why would he? There wasn't a proper reason why he would do that.