17. Aftermath of being caught

You both were startled at Irene's sudden voice. You immediately pushed Jungkook and so his grip on you loosened but he didn't let you fall. He quickly held you back straight and then let go of you and stared at Irene with a pang of irritation.

Jungkook: You seriously had to ruin our moment???

Irene: Moment?? I thought you guys were just acting it out...

You had no clue what to say. You felt highly embarrassed at the thought of getting caught red-handed by your best friend in her house with her own cousin. Your face turned slightly pink. Jungkook however was quick to answer her.

Jungkook: Of course, we were. What do you think?

Irene: I...I thought that you...you guys were actually about to...

Jungkook: Hahaha. Did you see that y/n? Irene, herself felt that we are a thing just by looking at us like this. We should work on this more for it to look more real.

Irene: It was all an act?? Oh, my goodness gracious!!! You guys looked so real...!!! You have no clue. I thought you were about to kiss...and may be more... you'll seem so...I can't even get words to describe it... a perfect couple loving each other dearly...

Jungkook: That is exactly what I wanted. I thought that Irene would be shocked if she saw us like this. I didn't even tell y/n about what I planned to do. I saw you coming. And yes, we are doing great. Just need a bit more practice, and we'll be perfect for PC, y/n.

You in your mind: So, it was all for PC?? He knew that she would arrive at this time, so he wanted to show her to see her reaction... I just got swayed by him. How embarrassing is that...what would he think of me... I am such a fool.

You were internally cringing. Jungkook noticed your uneasy expressions and that you didn't know what to say.

You: yea...yeah... I...I really hope we...we can make it on time.

Irene: I hope Tae oppa and me could also practice like this to perfection. What exactly did you guys do to get to this point?

Jungkook: Do everyday stuff with each other. Hang out or watch movies.

He looked at you and smirked at the mention of the word movies. You couldn't look at him in the eyes. You felt tricked and felt like a fool. You actually thought that there really was something special between you two. But he isn't showing any kind of emotion since the time Irene has entered the house.

Maybe it was all an act... his act...

You felt heart broken and went and stood next to Irene.

You: Let's go shopping. I need to get some sports gear since the sports day in so close now.

Irene: Oh yeah. I need something too. I'll just go and get my wallet. Wait a moment y/n.

She hugged you all of a sudden and pulled your cheeks

Irene: You are so pretty. I still don't understand why do boys stay away from you? Stop playing the tom-boy card. Let them see what they are missing. If you had been normal, there would have been many ques of them.

You: Hahaha...you are pretty too, Irene.

Irene: And best of all, you wouldn't have had to make a fake relationship with Jungkook for PC. You would have had a real one. Aahh... I wish I was a boy...

You could see through the corner of your eyes that Jungkook was fuming with each and every word from her mouth. You, being you, decided to add fuel to the fire.

You: You are right Irene. I need a real boyfriend who would love me like I am his world. I need to be more open to the guys. Let the PC get over. After that, the first thing I would do is, act like I broke up with Jungkook and give a clear way to the rest of the guys. Let's see who suits me. And finally settle down with one of them, one of the best guys, to be precise.