21. When secrets unfold

Jungkook: Your dad??

You: Our dad?? What do you mean?

Taehyung: hmm... I didn't mean for you to know about it y/n.

You: What is it that you are hiding from me?

Taehyung: aahhh... I don't know how to say it...

Irene: Let me tell you. 

You: How do you know about what is going on in here?

Irene: I'll tell you, y/n. You are under the impression that your dad was a simple government worker, but in reality, he was a cop, a police officer to be precise. He was on a mission to nab Jungkook's father. But then he realized that Jungkook's father was not a bad person. Jungkook's father used the money he got from his gangster business for the betterment of street kids and other public welfare works. So, he then began his own secret mission where he had to ensure that the family continues the good deeds. For that, he kept his own son, Taehyung oppa, as a guard for the gangster's only child, Jungkook.

Taehyung: All I had to do was to keep him informed about Jungkook's whereabouts and if he was safe or not.

Jungkook: So you mean that you became my friend out of duty and not your free will?

Taehyung: It was more of free will, since I liked you as a child when you were helping out kids while they played. It was a different thing that they ran away from you every chance they got and kind of made you have a cold heart later. Not exactly your fault that you were a gangster born. I wanted to be your friend myself.

Jungkook: So why are you objecting at me being with y/n then?

Taehyung: She won't be safe Jungkook. Don't you see that? You would get her in the world of gangsters where everyone tries to get rid of each other by targeting their loved ones or weakness. And in your case, y/n would become your weakness, so your enemies would target her first.

Irene: You don't have to worry about that oppa.

Jungkook: I will take care of that.

Taehyung: I want my sister safe. Though I keep making fun of her and ridicule her, I really do love and care for her and want her safe and happy at all times.

Jungkook: But I won't let go of y/n for anyone. I want her for me and me alone. She is mine. The day I set my eyes on her, she was destined to be mine, hyung. Don't complicate things here. She also likes me back. Don't try and change her mind at this point.

You were so shocked at all the sudden revelations, that you found your tongue was tied and were not able to utter any words. You looked at everyone with wide eyes and shocked features. Then finally you were able to move and turned your head to face Irene.

You: But how do you know about all this? Are you someone with a hidden identity as well?

Irene: I guess so. I am a cop, y/n. I was assigned by your father to take care of you and your brother while he wasn't around. When I told him about Jungkook showing interest in you, he was terrified. He liked Jungkook and his family, but not as a guy for his daughter. He asked me to confirm about Jungkook's interest and keep you away from him, but I think that would be difficult now that you both have feelings for each other.

You: I don't know what to say...

Jungkook: Don't say anything, love. Just be with me if you want things to go smoothly and end peacefully. I won't mind going to any extent to keep you by my side. Even if it means hurting some of my favorite people...

His voice trailed off as he looked at Taehyung's direction. You immediately turned to face him and grabbed his collar and spoke.

You: You won't hurt my family. I will not like it if you do.