|CHAPTER TEN|

*DAVE'S POV*
The week flew by as quick as possible. Shooter and I brought Tylee some baby clothes, baby bottles, and diapers for the baby shower gifts.

Apart of me is saying to just tell Tylee how I feel about her today.

The other part is telling me to just wait another day. Today is about her and her daughter.

"You been quiet the whole ride so far, man. Wassup?"

Shooter questioned as we were on the way to the baby shower.

There was just way too many thoughts running through my mind at once..

What if I tell her how I feel and she doesn't feel the same?

What if she rejects me and goes back to not talking to me for god knows how long?

I wish that baby was mine instead of Keenon's..

That should be me starting a family with her..

What if I kiss her but she pushes me away..?

"Nothing, B. I'm just chillin. I just can't believe that me and Ty are talking again, that's all."

"Mhm. If you don't stop that cap, nigga. You know you love that girl. I can see it all over your face."

"What chu talkin bout, man?"

"I see it all over your face. Every time you talk about her, think about her. It's obvious. You're in love with Tylee Shakur. But, you're holding your own self back."

"Nah, Shoot. SHE'S holding me back. She the one that said she don't want no nigga right now. And I respect that. But it sucks. I ain't ever feel like this since I first met Millie."

"Just let her know how you feel anyways, bro. You'll regret it if you don't. You never know what could happen. Tell her before it's too late."

Shooter informed me as we pulled up in the parking lot of the building where the baby shower was being held.

Lauren, Tylee's best friend, came walking up to the car. 

"Hey, guys! I didn't know you were coming. It's so nice to see you again!"

"We definitely made it. We wouldn't have missed this for the world."

I responded as I gave Lauren a small hug.

Suddenly, a guy who was about five inches shorter than me, came walking over to me and Shooter.

"Ayo, Nigga. You Dave East, right?"

"Yessir. Who are you?"

"I'm Keenon, Tylee's baby daddy. I'll take them gifts inside. Thank you for 'em."

Keenon took the box that Shooter and I had the gifts in, walking away and back into the building.

I looked at Lauren confused as she was shaking her head.

"Ignore him and his attitude. He's most likely just intimidated by you is all. You two can follow me inside."