|CHAPTER THIRTEEN|

*TYLEE'S POV*
"I'm off to work, Tylee! Don't be having no other Niggas up in my crib while I'm gone, you heard?"

Keenon shouted from down the stairs as I was in the bathroom upstairs, getting ready to leave with Dave.

"I already told you, Dave's coming to pick me up and I'm staying with him until he has to leave. I'll talk to you later."

"Aight, bet! Stay safe out there."

Keenon informed me before he walked out of his front door.

It was about ten minutes later when I received a text message from Dave.

Dave🖤; I'm outside boo

Smiling brightly, my pregnant ass made my way downstairs and outside to Dave's car.

When he seen me come outside, Dave got out of his car to help me into the passenger side.

"You are too sweet. You do the most for me."

"You look so beautiful, even when you're pregnant."

Dave smiled, pecking me on my lips and helped me into his car.

He then made his way back to the driver side, driving off from Keenon's house.

"So Mr. Brewster, where did your ass go last night? I went looking for you, and you were nowhere to be found. You have another girlfriend on me?"

"No, ma'am. Never that. You're the only shorty I got. Shooter and I had a few things to do before the night was over. There was so many people, I couldn't find you to tell you that we were leaving."

"Mhm. So where are you taking me again?"

"Denny's. I figure I would take you out for a nice breakfast before I get outta here."

Dave continued to drive.

My phone then started to ring. It said No Caller ID, so clearly it was calling from a blocked number.

Who the fuck?

"Hello, who is this and why are you calling?"

"Tylee? Where the fuck are you? Did you have someone come and shoot me?!"

"Marshall, what the fuck are you talking about?! You're blocked from my phone and we're done! I don't care about you! Why would I have someone come and shoot you if I couldn't give a shit less anymore?!"

"You sure?! I'm starting to think it was your real baby father!"

"That's where you sound dumb as fuck! Because I was with my baby father last night at his house all night! He took me home after our baby shower! Stop tryna be a hating ass nigga because I don't want you anymore!"

"Apart of me doesn't believe you —"

"Believe whatever the fuck you want, nigga! I don't care! Maybe if you weren't involved in drugs and owing people for drugs, you wouldn't be a target all the time! Leave me the fuck alone before I call the cops on you for harassment!"

I angrily hung up the phone, sighing as I laid my head back on the seat.

"You good, mamí? You sound stressed as hell."

Dave parked his car in the Denny's parking lot, looking at me and placing one of his hands on mine.

I swear, it's so hard to be upset with this man around.

"My dumbass ex boyfriend. He claims I set him up to get shot, and he claims that it's Keenon who did it. Keenon has no reason to go after him, and I was with him all night last night. He always tried to find a reason to harass me for no reason. Even when we were together."

"He's a fucking weirdo. You said he got shot?"

"He claims. I don't know where, he didn't tell me where. I didn't care, so I didn't ask. Evidently, he's alive so he's well enough."

"That's crazy. Let's get on up in here so we can get something to eat."
-
-
-
-
"So my show at the Apollo Theater is like a week after your due date. Do you think you can make it down to New York to come and see me? That's gonna be one of my biggest shows yet, and I want you to be there."

Dave explained to me as we had just finished eating our plates of food.

I smiled brightly and nodded at the fact that he even asked me to come and see one of his biggest shows.

"Of course I'll come, baby. I can ask Lauren to come with me and she can stay at a hotel with Kaylani while I go."

"Fuck allat hotel shit. You guys can stay up at my spot while you're there. Ain't no need to spend  any money on a hotel when you have me."

Dave is just so perfect, in every way.

First off, he's nice and tall with all of those sexy ass tattoos.

Then that smile that makes me melt like a snowman in the sun.

His personality and vibe just tops it all off.

I just love how he cares about me so much, even when we weren't an item.

God knew what he was doing when he sent David Brewster my way.