TWENTY FOUR

Word Count: 1940

~Tove

I like this new place.

Instead of taking me back to Territory Eight, Keo decided we should move on to Territory Three.

Closing my eyes, I smile softly at the feeling of the icy cold air touching my cheeks. Keo didn't share my positivity upon touching down here, claiming he hates the snow and mountains.

We have been here for a week and so far I love it. Although I suppose I'm experiencing the place from the balcony, considering Keo hasn't allowed me to leave the chalet.

He claims I need to recover from using that much magic. I feel fine, but he isn't convinced.

He's worried about me...I may be the only person he's ever felt that for.

"I need to warn you about something."

I turn, seeing him leaning against the doorframe of my room. Ever since it was revealed we are mates, he has been wary about stepping into where I sleep, as if it's too intimate to risk.

"What is it?" I ask, stepping off the balcony, closing the glass doors behind me.

"Wren will be visiting today, with two Demon's she has been training," he tells me, wincing a little.

I shudder. Wren has made it clear she doesn't like me, although I suppose all Demon's don't like any Angel-blood's. Still, I don't want her here telling me Keo will never settle for someone like me.

"Demon's...great," I mutter, rubbing a hand over my forehead.

Keo steps into the room, shoulders tense. "They don't have nearly as much power as me, but I would be wary..."

"Because I'm an Angel-blood, right?" I wouldn't be surprised if he came in here and tore me to shreds right away.

He shakes his head, an amused smile touching upon his lips. "Because you're beautiful, and they are young and stupid enough to flirt with an Angel-blood."

I raise my brows. I can't tell if he's teasing me or not.

"Do they know we are mates?"

His smile drops. "No one does."

I turn, grabbing a shawl from the bed, trying not to consider whether I have the right to be hurt by that. Keo and I agreed that a mate bond doesn't exactly fit either of our lives right now.

Still...just hearing that makes me think he doesn't want anyone to know about us.

"Good. Good," I muse.

"Will you be alright?" Keo questions, looking over me sceptically. If I said no would he tell them not to come?

"I'll be fine, Keo. Seriously," I assure him. I'm Keo's mate, which means I can't run from Wren for very long. I'm not scared of her anyways, whether she can kill me or not.

Keo smiles tightly before something causes him to turn his head slightly. "Come, I believe I have sensed their arrival."

Drawing in a deep breath, I nod my head before following him from the room.

He claims he is quite familiar with whoever owns this place, and while they are away, we have full use of the place. I'm grateful for it, because the place is stunning. Especially the main entrance, which Keo leads me into, Wren and two others already standing in the centre of it.

"I was never a fan of winter," Wren mutters as we approach, wiping flecks of snow from her hair.

Keo smirks. "Luckily it's only Tove and I staying here then, right?"