FIFTY

Word Count: 1769

~Tove

Keo holds my shoulders, steadying me.

It's been a week since I started bringing Demon's to the new realm and it's exhausting. I've only managed a handful a day and it hasn't gotten easier, but now, it's the last trip and I'm so ready for this to be over.

For now, anyway. We have only brought a small amount over until Relm is satisfied they can handle themselves with Astera as their leader.

"How are you feeling?" Keo asks softly.

He's been overly attentive this entire week, warning me not to push it while being grateful of me at every second.

"Exhausted," I admit, leaning forward to brace my forehead against his shoulder.

We got lucky Astera agreed to this. She wasn't hard to convince, although Ziah was a problem for a brief moment. Relm quickly put a stop to that, reminding Ziah of who has the real power.

Keo smooths his hand down my hair. "If this is too much, we can take some more time."

"We are already taking enough time," I tell him. This isn't the first time I've had to soothe his fears about what I can handle.

I've never been more in tune with my magic. Now is the time to finish this.

"I'm so unbelievably proud of you. You're doing so well," he breathes, holding both side of my face so he can look me in the eyes.

My cheeks warm. "Thank you."

I don't think I would have been able to manage this without Keo. He has been there every time I've left and returned from the new realm, despite being busy sorting everything out himself.

The Demon's have been preparing for this change for decades. Nothing can go wrong now, I hope.

"I should be thanking you for doing this for me. I've been wanting to keep Demon's safe for a very long time, and now I'm starting to feel like a difference is being made," he says, smiling to himself.

I frown a little. "I'm sad that not every Demon wants to go."

Much to my surprise, we have come across many Demon's at this point that refused. Once I heard their stories I understood. Many have families to protect who aren't Demon's themselves or they don't want to leave behind a life they created.

"It's their choice," he sighs. He's affected by this too, even if he doesn't reveal it. "I'll still be here and keeping an eye on them."

"I think it's my turn."

We turn toward the main door, Wren strolling in. She waited to the end, wanting to ensure everyone got over safely where Relm and Astera wait.

Keo admitted last night that he is going to miss Wren and their friendship, but there is no one he will trust more over there than her to keep other Demon's safe.

"Wren," Keo greets, pulling away. "Excited?"

"To be away from two mates who can't keep their hands off each other?" She smirks as much cheeks flush with embarrassment. "Definitely."

It will be nice to have some privacy with Keo for a while.

"Everything is prepared for you over there. If you need anything, just let us know," Keo tells her, even though she already knows this.

The plan has been gone over so many times I can't believe people haven't lost their mind already.

Wren's smile falters a little. "Well, I suppose I should bid you a good by."