12 | well hello, leilani.

"just got off the phone with hasson. she can't make the party," i sighed of relief.

"why does it sound like you're happy about it?" liz chuckled.

"cause if she sees billie then i might as well go back to hawaii," i laughed. "i can't deal with any drama."

liz paused and looked down. "i don't think it'd be bad if they saw each other. it's not like hass knows what happened."

"yeah you're right," i shrugged. "well once margie gets here we can go."

"kk," liz said as she took her phone off the charger.

-

we arrived to the party and i greeted the people that i knew and whatnot. for awhile i stayed in a private section talking to people.

once i started walking around and mingling, the alcohol started to kick in.

"oh my god liz i'm tipsy," i giggled.

"really? because me too," she laughed, wobbling and stumbling on to me, causing me to bump into someone else.

"oh my god i'm so sor- oh," i looked at her face. "oh god, billie get out of my way."

"wha- are you drunk lani?" she got closer to my face as she had a firm grasp on my arms.

"almost," i giggled.

"you need to go sit down-"

"sit down??" liz came stumbling to us.

"oh dear god," billie sighed.

then liz gasped as she saw billie holding me. "billie let her go before milly sees," she quickly removed billie's hands.

"sorry," billie looked down. "can you idiots be safe tonight please?"

"why do you care?" i playfully squinted in her face.

oh no, i might be drunk.

billie rolled her eyes. "lani cmon, don't-"

"oh my god there she goes!" liz exclaimed as she pulled me and billie off into the restroom where people are constantly walking in and out.

"was she walking towards us? did she see?" billie asked.

"no but i saw the back of her head, she was close enough," liz nodded.

"k good," b said. "anyway like i was saying-"

"shhhh," i cut her off. "leave me alone eilish."

"why?" she tilted her head.

"you have a bitch," i crossed my arms.

"so do you," she squinted. "speaking of which, i'd love to hear the story of how you guys came to be," billie crossed her arms too.

i just looked at her. "why though?"

"because she didn't start posting you til after miami swim week," she rose her eyebrows.

i rose mine too. "what are you trying to say?"

"okayyyy," liz intervened. "i'm gonna go stand by the door in case milly comes in," she said before walking out.

i looked back at billie for an answer. "i'm not trying to say anything leilani. i just wanna know how y'all met."

"we met through therapy," i told her.

"huh?" b furrowed her eyebrows.

"hass was my therapist in hawaii," i shrugged.