20 | the accident

"oh my god," i groaned to margie. "shut up, we aren't back together," i rolled my eyes.

"so explain why you didn't come home til the next morning," liz rose her eyebrows.

"we just talked for a very long time," i nodded. "forreal. like we didn't have sex or anything. we just talked about a lot of stuff," i shrugged.

"this happened 2 weeks ago and i'm just hearing about this now?" margie rose her eyebrows.

"well liz only knows cause we live together," i chuckled. "but i was trying to be discreet about it until i knew what was gonna happen between us."

"so," marg started. "what is gonna happen between you guys?"

"i," i started. "i don't know," i shrugged. "billie and i made up and everything but i'm still afraid to take her back."

"that's understandable," liz nodded. "but i honestly thinks she's changed forreal."

"you do?" i rose my eyebrows.

"yeah," liz nodded. "plus i know for a fact she's definitely done with amelia."

"well yeah i saw milly with a whole nother girl the other day," i laughed. "that's over with."

"well how about you invite billie to your birthday party tomorrow?" liz suggested.

"yeah um i don't know," i shook my head. "i don't know if im ready for the public to be back in our business."

"i say do it," margie shrugged. "fuck the critics."

i playfully rolled my eyes. "i hate you guys."

the doorbell rung.

"who's that?" liz squinted.

"oh did i forget to mention she was coming over today?" i nervously giggled to them, causing them to look at each other and shake their heads.

i went to open the door and let billie in. she greeted them and walked to the living room where we all were.

"so billie," marg started. "how's life?"

"good," b chuckled. "been having a lot of meetings about my next tour."

"oh really?" marg rose her eyebrows. "you have dates yet?"

"we have some in mind but we won't announce them for a while til everything is confirmed," b nodded.

"so billie," liz started. "you busy tomorrow night?"

"liz," i looked at her.

"no," billie shook her head. "what's up?"

"well you know lani's birthday is tomorrow and we'd love if you joined us for her party," liz grinned.

billie looked at me, kind of offended that this is the first she's hearing of this. i just closed my eyes.

"oh i'll definitely be there," she nodded, biting her lip.

"wonderful," marg smiled. "you can meet us here and ride with us there in the limo."

"cool," billie chuckled.

"well," marg stood up from the couch. "liz and i are going to the mall."

"we are?" liz furrowed her eyebrows.

"yes we are," margie bucked her eyes. "i need you to come with me for a last minute outfit for tomorrow."

"but i thought you already ha-"

"elizabeth!" margie exclaimed.

"okay bye guys!" liz smiled as she got up and they rushed out of the apartment.