28 | i do

a month later..

"alright b," i grabbed my purse. "i'm going to my dad's again," i said as i walked towards the door.

"can i come?" she asked.

"huh?"

"can i come? you've been visiting him a lot without me. i wanna see him more now that i'm marrying his daughter soon," she shrugged.

"um next time," i grinned.

"leilani where are you going?" her voice got stern.

"i just told you," i looked around.

"you're lying. you're a terrible liar!" she put her hands out.

i just sighed. "b cmon, i need to go."

"why? are you going to the doctor again without me?" she sighed.

my eyes slightly got wide.

"you've been going to your dad's twice a week on the exact same days and times. cmon lei we've been through this before," she shrugged.

"okay fine. i'm sorry," i looked down in defeat.

"what's going on?"

"i've started another treatment," i said lowly.

"what?" bil asked in shock. "i thought it wasn't workin-"

"chemo wasn't working," i started. "but the doctor called and recommended i try immunotherapy."

"leilani why didn't you tell me?" she walked up to me and grabbed my hands gently.

"because i don't want you to get your hopes up," i said sadly. "treatments like this usually don't work for cancer patients. especially ones like myself."

her facial expression became sad. "oh."

"but i wanna at least try to extend my life," i cracked a grin.

"well thank you for doing it," she smiled. "i know it can be frustrating."

"definitely but it's always better when i come home to my beautiful fiancé," i pinched billie's cheek, making her blush. "here, come with me."

"really?" her eyes got wide in happiness.

"yeah," i laughed. "hurry put some shoes on."

"okey doke!" she ran to our room to put shoes on and grab her stuff.

yes i've been doing the immunotherapy. don't ask me how it's going because i dont know and i don't wanna get my hopes up.

but billie and i have been living it up here in hawaii: going on random road trips, hiking, surfing, helicopter rides, etc!

we are genuinely so happy and i'm loving everything and i can't wait to marry her!

3 months later..

"i can't margie i can't," i shook my head. "am i crazy for doing this?" i asked her as i got my hair and makeup done.

"it's a little crazy but life is crazy and i'm here for it all!" she cheered.

"margaret!" i exclaimed. "i'm marry billie in one hour. what the fuck is life!"

"life is what you make it leilani rose! shape up!" she patted my thigh.

"oh my god," i shook my leg in nervousness. "oh my god oh my god oh my god."

"this is quite hilarious," she chuckled as she crossed her arms.