The Philosophers Stone: Part 19

[The next morning, in the great hall. The gang is sitting, eating. Hazel is twirling her food on a fork.]
Ron: Take a bit of toast, mate, go on.
Hermione: Ron's right, Hazel. You're gonna need your strength today.
Hazel: I'm not hungry.

"Oh I know what day it is!" Regulus exclaims.
"What day?" Barty asks confused.
"It's her first Quidditch match," James exclaims already basically standing up. People nod in understanding knowing the feeling. Remus pulls him back down before he accidentally jumped onto Hazel who was sitting next to him.

[Snape appears at the table.]
Snape: Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin. [Snape walks off, limping. Hazel notices this.]

"STOP NOTICING THINGS!" All the future generation shouts making everyone else concerned about what was going to be happening.

Hazel: That explains the blood.
Hermione: Blood?
Hazel: Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping.

"You better not have Snape," Sirius says glaring over at the Slytherin.
"Sirius I think you're going to be suprised with what happens," Hazel says rolling her eyes but not giving them more context.

Hermione: But why would anyone go near that dog?

"Because it's cute," Luna says in her dreamy voice and everyone looks at her like she's crazy, "What?"
"Okay, it is kinda cute," Regulus says also.
"Well that's no fair because you like animals," Barty says pushing Regulus slightly.

Hazel: The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret.
Hermione: So you're saying...
Hazel: That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants.

"So she does at least have some of Lily's smarts," Sirius says laughing.
"Thank Merlin she didn't get all of Prong's brains," Remus also says laughing.
James just looks at the two offended, "And I thought we were friends," he fake pouts making everyone else start cracking up.

[Hedwig screeches as she enters the Great Hall. She is carrying a very large, long parcel. She drops it off at the table.]
Hermione: Bit early for mail, isn't it?
Hazel: But I-I never get mail.

James and Lily look at each other and nod, both determined to send her so many gifts that she ends up getting sick of them. Everyone else watching get's upset over her simple line. They know they are going to change the future and make sure this child isn't deprived of what she should get. Even Bellatrix is starting to feel bad for the poor girl.

Ron: Let's open it.
[They open it to reveal a broomstick.]

"YAY! SHE HAS HER FIRST BROOM!!" James shouts making people glare at him.

Hazel: It's a broomstick!

"No I thought it was a cat," Regulus snorts out making other people laugh with him.

Ron: Thats not just any broomstick, Hazel. [recognizing the model] It's a Nimbus 2000!

All the Quidditch players look jealous knowing that they wanted that broom.

Hazel: But who...?
[She notices Professor McGonagall up at the head table, stroking Hedwig. She smiles and Hazel nods.]

"I KNEW YOU LOVED ME MINNIE!" James shouts out again making the professor just shake her head. She's just wondering why she hadn't retired.