The Chamber of Secrets: Part 8

[The Gryffindor Quidditch team -- Hazel, Fred, George, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, and Angelina Johnson -- trail Oliver Wood through the courtyard, toward the distant Quidditch pitch. Several students are outside, studying.]

"QUIDDITCH!" James yells out and people laugh at him with how excited he got.

Oliver: I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer! (squinting) What the... I don't believe it!

"What did he see?" Remus says already having a slight suspicion but isn't 100% sure.

[Crossing the courtyard from the other side are seven boys in green robes, also carrying broomsticks. At their lead is Marcus Flint, trollish Slytherin Captain. Ron, sitting at a table with Hermione, looks up.]

"Of course it's them," Regulus mutters already knowing this was going to end badly.

Ron: Uh oh. I smell trouble.
Oliver: Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today.
Flint: Easy, Wood. I've got a note.
[As Wood snatches the parchment from Flint's hand, Ron and Hermione come up to join the others.]

"Even so, one team shouldn't get priority over another," Regulus says and James and Sirius look over at him in shock.

Oliver: 'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker.' (looking up) You've got a new Seeker? Who?

"SNAPE YOU LITTLE SNAKE!" James yells out and Snape puts his hands up.
"I wouldn't do that, as much as I would love for Slytherin to beat you guys, I also follow the rules, unlike some people," Snape says with a sneer.

[A pasty-faced boy pushes to the front. It's Malfoy.]
Hazel: Draco?
Draco: That's right. And that's not all that's new this year
[As one, the seven Slytherins hold out seven brand-new gleaming broomsticks. The Gryffindors look stunned.]

"They have new brooms-" Cedric says shocked.
"Yeah, how are you shocked, you played them with the brooms," Hazel says confused.
"Oh yeah-" Cedric says slowly making people laugh.

Ron: Those are Nimbus Two Thousand Ones.
Flint: A generous gift from Draco's father.
Draco: That's right, Weasley. You see, unlike some, my father can afford to buy the best.

Multiple glares were sent Draco's way as most have formed a soft spot for the three of them, and they weren't about to take the disrespect from a bleached ferret.

Hermione: At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent.

"Hermione with the roasts," James laughs loudly making the said girl blush.

Draco: No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood.

Even though this was in the past for the girl, she still is hurt from it. She looks down at her arm remembering what happened. Ron and Hazel both notice the change in the girl and both stick to her side, each with an arm around her, both not entirely sure what to say so they figure helping would be to stay with her.
The moment the word left Draco's mouth people were up with their wands drawn pointing them at Draco. Snape looks shocked as that is the one word he hates the most as it caused him to lose his best friend.
Even Draco looks upset that he had said something like that. "Hermione, I know nothing can forgive my words and actions back then, but I am truly sorry for calling you that," Draco says loudly for Hermione to hear him. She just nods back at him.
Narcissa while looking proud that her son apologized was still fuming. "I blame you." She says shortly to Lucius.
It takes a while but once everyone is calmed down and back in their seats, we were able to start the film again.

[Everyone reacts as if Malfoy has said something horrific, everyone but Hazel, who looks puzzled. Instantly, Fred and George fly for Draco's throat. Oliver Wood holds them back.]
Oliver: Save it for the match.
Ron: You'll pay for that one, Malfoy! (whips out his wand) Eat slugs!

"NO RON!" Molly yells out knowing this was going to go badly due to his broken wand.

[Ron points his cracked wand at Malfoy. Pfft! -- a bolt of green light scissors out the wrong end, hitting Ron himself in the stomach. As he drops to the grass, Hermione runs to him]
Hermione: Ron! Say something!

"Wrong choice," Hermione says gaging at what she knows is going to happen.

[Ron opens his mouth and belches. Hermione draws back, and watches a trio of slugs dribble out his mouth. The Slytherins crow with laughter. Angrily, Ron rises, only to belch again. Fascinated, Colin Creevey runs up with his camera.]

"That is disgusting," Most of the girls in the hall say while most of the boys just laugh at the screen finding it so funny.

Colin: Wow! Can you hold him still, Hazel?!
Hazel: Get out of the way, Colin! (to Hermione) Let's take him to Hagrid. He'll know what to do.

"Why not to Madam Pomfrey?" Narcissa asks.
"Yeah! I could have fixed him right up, he should have been brought it me!" Madam Pomfrey says out at this.

[Hagrid rummages about, looking for something.]
Hagrid: Got jus' the thing. Set 'im down on that chair o'er there.
[As Ron sits, Hagrid pitches a bucket between his knees. Hazel and Hermione glance up questioningly. Hagrid shrugs.]

"That's actually so gross," Neville says loudly not liking watching Ron barf slugs.

Hagrid: Better out than in. Who was he tryin' ter curse anyway?
Hazel: Malfoy. He called Hermione, well, I don't know exactly what it means

"You would think by now you would have know what that means, especially after one year you would pick up a book now and then," Hermione rants slightly while Hazel just smiles at her best friend.

Hermione: (quietly) He called me a Mudblood.
Hagrid: He didn'!

"He unfortunately did," Barty says sending a slight glare at Draco.

[Hazel looks confused. Hermione glances at her, then away, obviously pained by this.]
Hermione: It means dirty blood. Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who was Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone... like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation.

"That was actually a good definition for it," McGonagall says quietly, "But you forget it's not dirty blood and you're amazing."

Hagrid: Yeh see, Hazel. There are some wizards -- like Malfoy's family -- who think they're better than everyone else 'cause they're what people call pureblood.
Hazel: That's horrible.

"It really is," Lily says quietly knowing the pain that Hermione is going through.

Ron: (belches forth a slug) It's disgusting!

"That's disgusting," Alice says looking away from the screen.

Hagrid: An' it's codswallop ter boot. Dirty blood. There's 'ardly a wizard today that's not half-blood or less. If we 'adn't married Muggles we'd've died out long ago. Besides, they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can't do... (taking her shoulder) Don' you think on it, Hermione. Don' you think on it fer a minute.

"We love a supportive Hagrid!" Multiple people yell out makes the Half-Giant smile brightly.
"Yeah Hermione, you're better than everyone, even the purebloods," Regulus says ignoring the glare from his mother and the shocked look from his brother