The Philosophers Stone: Part 24

[Later all the students are rushing out as they finish their exams.]
Hermione: I'd always heard Hogwart's end-of-year exams were frightful, but I've found they're rather enjoyable.

"You are absolutely crazy," Sirius says horrified.

Ron: Speak for yourself. All right there, Hazel?
[We see Hazel walking next to the two rubbing her forehead right where the scar is.]
Hazel: My scar. It keeps burning.
Hermione: It's happened before...
Hazel: Not like this.
Ron: Perhaps you should see the nurse.

"Please listen to your friend," Lily pleads.
"She never listens to us," Ron says with a shrug.
"That's not true!" Hazel exclaims.
"It is," Hermione says back.
"This is the calmest year anyways," Hazel says like it's nothing.

Hazel: I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming. [A look of realization] Ah... Oh! Of course!
[Hazel starts walking faster making Hermione and Ron speed up to catch her]

"Maybe explain things to your friends that could help you!" Remus shouts out worried she will get herself killed.

Hermione: What is it?
Hazel: Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?

"Lily's brains coming into play for once," Alice says laughing.
"Why didn't I see that?" Regulus asks shocked.

[They approach Hagrid's hut and he is playing a flute.]
Hazel: Hagrid, [Hagrid stops playing] who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?
Hagrid: I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up.

"HAGRID!" Most of the teachers yell out already knowing where this was going and that he put them all at risk.

Hazel: This stranger though, you and he must have talked.
Hagrid: Well, he- he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem.
Hazel: Did he seem interested in Fluffy?
Hagrid: Well, o' course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told 'im, I said, I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm 'im. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit o' music, and he falls straight to sleep.' I shouldn't have told you that. [The Trio runs off] Where are you going? Where are you-?

"Hagrid..." People sigh and Hagrid blushes.
"You are so gullible," Barty says shaking his head in fake disappointment, "I love it!"

[Hazel, Hermione, and Ron run into the Transfiguration classroom to talk to McGonagall.]
Hazel: We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!

"Yes! They are finally going to a professor!" Lily shouts happily.
"Yeahhhhh this is why we don't," Hazel says rubbing the back of her neck, "You wont let her kill me right?" She hides behind Remus.

McGonagall: I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London.
Hazel: He's gone! Now! But, this is important! This is about the Philosophers Stone!

"Just shout it out as loud as you possibly can why don't you," Theo rolls his eyes.

McGonagall: [Looking shocked] How do you know-?

"I shouldn't be shocked, it's the child of James Potter," McGonagall sighs out.

Hazel: Someone's going to try to steal it!
McGonagall: I don't know how you three found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories, quietly

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you guys," McGonagall says sincerely.
"It's okay, who would believe three kids about it," Hazel says.

[They leave the classroom talking to each other.]
Hazel: That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means, he knows how to get past Fluffy.
[Snape sneaks up behind them]
Hermione: And with Dumbledore gone-
Snape: Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindors, such as yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?

People jump at Snapes appearance.
"Dude, stop being creepy," Barty slaps the back of his head for scaring him.

[The three of them jump and quickly turn around.]
Hermione: Ah, w- w- w... we- we were just-

"We need to train them on how to lie," James says with a sigh.

Snape: You ought to be careful. People will think you're... up to something. [Walks away]
Hermione: Now, what do we do?
Hazel: [With a determined look] We go down the trap door, tonight.

Everyone sighs while Hazel stays where she is hiding behind Remus and James so no one would murder her when they see what happened down there.