The Chamber of Secrets: Part 20

Hazel: [as she and Ron race into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and up the stairs to Lockhart's office] Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try to get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know! [opening the door to the office and stepping inside] Professor, we have some information for you. [Lockhart stuffs some clothes into his trunk, which he closes as he turns toward them; Ron scowls at him] Are you going somewhere?

"No way he's leaving?!" Molly says angrily as she glares at young Lockhart.

Lockhart: Um... well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Uh, got to go.
Ron: [outraged] What about my sister?!
Lockhart: ​​Uh, well, um... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I.
Ron: [in disbelief] You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. You can't go now!

"While he might not be good, the other professors asked you to do it, and being the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, you kind of have to, especially after bragging that you could do it," Lucius says, making everyone shocked.

Lockhart: [as he stuffs his things in his handbag then moves around his desk] Well, I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about-

"That is also true," Narcissa says, rolling her eyes not wanting to admit that. This causes Lockhart to boast that he was in the right for leaving in that situation, making everyone groan.

Hazel: [blocking his path] You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?!
Lockhart: Books can be misleading.
Hazel: You wrote them!
Lockhart: [placing his bag on his desk] My dear girl, do use your common sense! My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things!

This causes everyone to freeze and the Lockhart haters to smirk. All of his fangirls slowly back away with a scowl on their face now finding out he lied about everything.
"Wait, wait, wait, I'm sure I did some of the things I wrote about," Lockhart says, trying to save himself.
"No saving yourself this time, you have been revealed to be a fake!" Barty shouts, standing up and pointing, making people laugh lightly.

Hazel: [staring at Lockhart] You're a fraud. You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done!
Ron: [as Lockhart directs his attention to him] Is there anything you can do?
Lockhart: Yes. Now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing, and I'd never have sold another book. [Hazel and Ron look at each other as Lockhart walks toward his suitcase] In fact, uh... I'm uh... [Ron nods at Hazel, and they both reach into their robes to pull out their wands] going to have to do the same to you. [he collects his wand from the suitcase, but Hazel and Ron already have their wands pointed at him]

Regulus smirks and holds his hand out for Barty who, while pouting, hands over the money.
"YESSS SHOW HIM WHO IS BOSS!" James shouts.
"THEY LOOK SO BADASS!" Sirius also shouts.
"Mr. Black, watch your language," Professor McGonagall says with a sigh but also secretly agrees.
Hermione smiles seeing her two friends take on the fake professor, kind of mad with herself that she had liked him to start with.

Hazel: Don't even think about it. [points downward, gesturing for Lockhart to drop his wand; Lockhart reluctantly does so]

"The power Hazel holds over everyone when she has her wand out," Neville says. Almost everyone agrees with his statement from what they have seen so far.

[In her bathroom, Moaning Myrtle is floating around crying as Hazel, Ron, and Lockhart enter.]
Myrtle: Oh? Who's there? [seeing Hazel, she smiles warmly at her] Oh, hello, Hazel. What do you want?
Hazel: To ask you how you died.