The Chamber of Secrets: Part 9

[Camera pans the walls of Lockhart's office, lined with framed photographs of Gilderoy Lockhart. Hazel and Lockhart work by candlelight at an ornate desk. Blearyeyed, Hazel addresses envelopes, while a cheery Lockhart puts his signature to the stack of glossy photos bearing his image.]
Lockhart: Hazel, Hazel, Hazel. Can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me answer my fan mail?

"Yes, yes I most definitely could think of a better thing," Sirius says rolling his eyes.
"I would rather clean the entire school then stay with Lockhart," James says agreeing with Sirius.

[Hazel forces a smile.]
Lockhart: Fame's a fickle friend, Hazel. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that.
[Hazel nods, glancing gloomily at the towering stack of envelopes that remain. Dipping her quill, she starts to write, when a chilly voice fills the room.]
Voice: Come... come to me...

Everyone is frozen some first years and second years moving closer to the older students freaking out about the voice that she just heard. James looks worried at his daughter wondering what was going to happen with her and if he was going to have another heart attack.

Hazel: What?
Lockhart: I was saying, six solid months at the top of the bestseller list! Broke all records!

"Not everything is about you idiot," Barty says with a groan.
"It doesn't seem that he heard the voice in the office," Regulus says thoughtfully making the Ravenclaws all think about why that would be.

Hazel: No not you, that... voice.

"Way to go girl, shut the idiot down," Bellatrix shouts out making everyone look at her, "What?"

Lockhart: Voice?
Hazel: That... voice. Didn't you hear it?
Lockhart: What are you talking about, Hazel? I think we're getting a bit drowsy. Great Scott -- and no wonder -- look at the time! We've been here nearly four hours!

"FOUR HOURS?!" James yells out.
"That can't be allowed," Remus says wide eyed.
"It's not," McGonagall says back to Remus while glaring at Lockhart.

Lockhart: Dinner's nearly done! If you hurry you might make pudding. Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun!

"You stopped her from eating," Bellatrix growls out pretty mad with Lockhart.

Hazel: Spooky.

"Very spooky indeed," Lockhart says but shrinks at the glares he received.

[Hazel passes quickly through the lengthening shadows of the empty corridor, when...]
Voice: Blood... I smell blood...

Most of the students are frozen in place at hearing the voice, them freaking out with the fact it smells blood. They were all wondering if this thing could hurt them now.
"So that's what you were hearing that made you all freaked out, yeah I understand now," Ron says in understanding with Hermione nodding along not realizing what Hazel was hearing at the time.

[Hazel stops cold, looking around for the source of the voice.]
Voice: Let me rip you... let me kill you...

Some first years let out slight screams as they hide behind the older students. Even most of the older students are freaked out and is wondering why Hazel doesn't seem to be as panicked as they would think a 12 year old would be.

[Hazel steps to the wall, playing her fingers along the stone, then begins walk, slowly at first, then more quickly, as if following something, moving faster and faster, rounding the corner and coming face to face with... Hermione and Ron.]

A lot of the students scream out holding their hands to their hearts.
"A little warning there," Barty shouts out calming is breathing down.
"I can't suffer any more heart attacks," James says loudly also trying to calm down.
"Then you're gonna hate the rest of my life," Hazel says.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" James questions.
"Well-" Hazel starts.
"NO SPOILERS!" Hermione cuts in giving Hazel a playful glare.