The Chamber of Secrets: Part 10

[McGonagall stands before the class. Resting on the desk in front of each student, is a different animal.]
McGonagall: Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets.
[She taps the bird in front of her, three times, with the tip of her wand. It transfigures into a beautiful crystal water goblet]

"Let's take a guess on how this ends up ending, I say it is either going to be Ron messing up with his broken wand, or that Seamus kid blowing something up," Sirius whispers to Remus.
"Im not guessing anything because you took mine," Remus whispers back.

McGonagall: Now, who would like to go first... Mr. Weasley?
[Ron nods. He taps his rat, Scabbers, who turns into a goblet with a tail.]

Everyone breaks out laughing with Sirius and Remus giving each other a high five for guessing right.

McGonagall: You must replace that wand, Mr. Weasley.
[Ron nods sheepishly, looks at his broken wand. McGonagall sees Hermione's raised hand. Her untouched animal.]

"I feel like that's weird that she hasn't done the lesson yet," Cedric says making others nod with what he said.

McGonagall: Yes, Miss Granger?
Hermione: Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?
[A hush falls over the class.]

Everyone grows deathly silent wanting to know more about what is happening in the future about something they all thought was a myth.

McGonagall: My subject is Transfiguration, Miss Granger.

"Oh come on Minnie! They are all scared!" James yells out.

Hermione: Yes, Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject, that is... disturbing.

"That is kind of disturbing when you think about it. Nothing is really known about it but someone wrote on the wall that it had been open in blood," Remus says outloud making some of the younger years freak out again because they have no clue what is really happening.

[Malfoy regards Hermione with chilly amusement. McGonagall considers Hermione's question for a long moment, then nods.]
McGonagall: Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not

"I bet we all know who that one is," Sirius says and everyone nods already knowing.

Ron: Three guesses who?
McGonagall: Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. (a beat) According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic.

"That was a lot-" Regulus says not even knowing that much about the subject.
Almost all the Ravenclaws are on the edge of their seats wanting to know more about it and are soaking up all the information that they could.
"I thought this was all a myth though- so wouldn't this person be pranking everyone?" James asks, "If they are, this is some sick joke."

Hermione: Muggle-borns.
McGonagall: Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found.