Chapter 27- [The Markings and Memories We Carry]

Previously on Forgotten, chapter 26...

    "Look. Stiix." Morro said suddenly before you could muster the words even you weren't sure what sentences they were trying to form. You looked, dumbfounded, and he was right. Off in the distance the town on water, Stiix, stood rickety upon the wooden bridges and frames that kept it above the water level.
    You looked back to Morro and he was looking at you, a brief grin coming along his lips and he snickered at your flushed cheeks. He raised his head off of your shoulder finally, sitting up straight. The ghost grabbed Kaze's reins firmly to begin descending to find a place to land just before Stiix so you wouldn't be noticed by the town's people.
    "W-wait!" You said, grabbed his hands upon the reins. He did, looking down at you curiously as you looked over your shoulder to him. "Could we, um.. fly a bit longer? Just.. stay like this? Just for a few more minutes."
    Morro raised a brow at the inquiry. "I thought you didn't like flying."
    You shrugged. It was nice, just the two of you in your own little bubble. No ghosts, no ninja, no problems, just the two of you, like back when you were kids together. It's always been just you two. Once you return to Stiix, it all fades and the problems will return once more. "Guess it's grown on me."
    The ghost's lips slowly pulled into a smile. He seemed to understand, if at least a little bit. "Sure," he said finally, and steered Kaze around so the two of you could make a few more loops away from the town. "Just give the word, my dear."
    Your eyes fluttered closed and the chest behind you solidified once more for you to lean on. The wind brushed against your hair and clothes and the sun felt warm on your skin. You wished you it could just stay like this, forever.
Peace.
It wasn't anything you could find in the water, sinking further and further down. It was right here, right now, within his arms, the two of you alone.

    Peace.
    ...A part of you knew it would never last.

o~O~o

<|-: T H E M A R K I N G S A N D
M E M O R I E S    W E    C A R R Y :-|>

When you returned to Stiix with Morro, initially, it was as if nothing had changed.

The ghosts still remained cooped up within the crappy apartment. The only difference was that now the couch was broken; literally cut in half with slashes cut through the ugly fabric where cushion fluff and springs now stuck out of. You weren't even sure if you wanted to hear the story of who managed that nor what was the context that escalated into the couch becoming the unfortunate victim.

As you had speculated, there was no warm welcome upon your return. But you didn't necessarily want one either. When Soul Archer and Bansha glared down at you as if you were vermin, you held their gaze to make sure they knew you forgot nothing about what had happened in that forest.

It was as if nothing had changed, but it has. It was proven to you when Morro gently touched at your low back to coax you further inside. "Come on, let's get you settled back in," he offered.

Giving him a brief nod, you walked with him past the ghosts and towards the door that lead to the only other room in the apartment besides from the open plan- that equated to a kitchen, dining room, and living room- and bathroom. As ghosts didn't exactly need a bedroom, it was given so graciously over to you.

"You're certain this is a good idea, Morro?" Bansha, who had done a fantastic job at keeping her mouth shut the whole time she glared at you walking past, finally couldn't help herself.