Chapter 8

Previously on Forgotten, chapter 7...

    Morro examined the insides of the large shack, before muttering out, "Did you really think this pile of sh*t was where we stayed in?" he asked with a smile that faked curiosity. He arched one of his eyebrows for an answer.
    You thought for a moment, shuffling your boots through the rock and dusty ground, shrugging. You looked up and met his eyes when you answered though, "How am I supposed to know what ghosts can afford? Aren't old and eerie looking places supposed to be your thing?"
    A deep and slow chuckle filled the air around the both of you, as he stepped backwards away from the shack with slow and dragged steps, glancing over at you. The chuckle- although having some elements of amusement within it- seemed dark and almost as if he was testing how much courage you actually had.

    "Oh trust me, girl, we can afford much, much more," he hymned out softy and spun around on his heel to be now going forwards. He was heading slowly to the edge of the ledge, and you hesitantly followed as well.
    Giving you another short glance, he turned his attention onto the land. His arm raised and his pointer finger extended, pointing towards the town which was built over the body of water, "We're going over there. To Stiix."

                o~O~o

Although you were pretty much sick of today and completely done with all this sh*t, you complied with Morro when he shoved you into the shack, shut the doors, and gave you three minutes to change. Only three damn minutes! 'That's plenty of time,' he said calmly when you gave him a look of pure bullsh*t, 'One for changing out of your clothes, one for finding new clothes, and one for changing into them.'
    You didn't even feel like changing in the first place. But then again you did realize he did have a point after a minute of ponder. You weren't exactly wearing the most normal clothes. Prison clothes were bound to draw attention in the streets.
    "Times a ticking, girl!" The muffled voice of Morro called out from the other side of the shack. He fit the criteria of so many swear words you didn't even know which one suited him best.
    The shack was filled with random crates and boxes and cabinets. There were a bunch of chests and sacks and clothes. Not very nice clothes though. It was quite crowded and very dusty. Cobwebs filled the crooks and crannies and you wouldn't be surprised if a few critters have made their home here.
    'He probably doesn't want me snooping around or trying to figure out a way to escape...' you thought. It'd be the most logically reasoning behind the three minute changing rule. You were pretty sure you two weren't in that much of a hurry.
    Nevertheless you quickly started searching through the cloaks and shirts and rags that were supposed to be clothes, trying to find the cleanest or most fitting of your body and liking.

    The absolute second you pulled down your top the light from the outside filled in the shack, and the raven haired ghost stood in the entrance, each hand on either door.
    You glanced over to him, as if wondering if the clothes you have picked for yourself fit his hopes (honestly though not really giving two sh*ts on what he thought). It wasn't anything fancy. The clothes had dull colors, and made you look like a traveler.
    He stepped in, hands letting go of the doors and being placed on his hips, as he glanced around the shack as if seeing if you stole anything other than the clothes, before stopping his eyes once again upon you.
    With a neutral frown, he gave you a curt nod of acceptance, but wasn't done just yet. He let his hands drop back down at his sides, as he shifted over to the right of him where there was a pile of clothing. He sorted through them, occasional glancing over at what you had on, before turning back.
    He took a full minute until finally stopping at one piece under a majority of the pile, slipping it out from it, and throwing it at you.
    You quickly caught it so it wouldn't drape over your head, and examined it. He waste no time, since he was already stepping out of the shack, "Put that on also and let's go. Hop to it, girl."