Chapter 12-[The Wind's Call]

Previously on Forgotten, chapter 11...

The stars twinkled above you, and the moon was high in the sky, glowing through a couple of stray dark clouds. The two of you were silent throughout the journey, and you took the silence to watch the beautiful stars.
"I'm sorry you had to experience that," Morro suddenly murmured.
You glanced over to him, but he was still looking forward as he continued, "I did not expect them to have so little dignity left within their life that they would do that."
"It wasn't your fault-" you tried responding, only to get backlash.
"I was the one that brought you there."
You paused, giving him the time to get anything else off of his chest, but he remained silent, and you spoke up softly, "Yes, but it's not like you brought me there for that to happen. It was just bad timing."
When he didn't say anything, you continued, "You can't blame yourself for trying to do something good. I knew your intention, or at least, I think I know it."
You watched the back of his head, and he seemed to lower it a little, "Why didn't you kill him?"
Taking a minute, Morro sighed, "I didn't wish to ruin the night even more. You calling for me to stop when I was walking up to him made it clear you didn't want that, and even before I had a theory that you didn't take murder lightly. Just not the kind of person."
The two of you remained silent for 10 minutes or so, and you slowly went back to looking at the stars, but Morro spoke and his words made you rethink the conversation the two of you had just a while ago. His voice was soft and hesitant, "I don't soulfully apologize often."

o~O~o

<|-: A    W I N D ' S    C A L L:-|>

    Morro has this friend. A friend that is always with him. It follows him like a shadow, or such as the sky. His friend is with him all the time, such as the fish are with the water. Such as the rocks are with the land, and such as the ice is with the snow.
His friend is gentle and slim. Graceful and soft but can become irritated and tense. Such as a snake, it can be sly and silent, yet deadly and has the ability to strike quickly.
His friend had been with him since those past years that now are only memory. From when he was a child, to his last moments til death. And his friend has awaited patiently for his return. His friend greeted and welcomed his entrance back into the world.
The two of them were a duo. A team. They held a bond that couldn't be broken. And would be together til death due them part.

"Do you like that your elemental power is the wind? Or did you want something else?" you asked him curiously, sitting upon a rock, your head cocked to the side. You ran a hand through your hair which was down, as you played with it (If your hair is short then whoops just ignore this part).
The sounds of the wilderness chirped and called all around the two of you, and the soft running of the water from the creek was calming.
You couldn't believe the two of you traveled as far as to the forest when you first founded the gang for peace and quiet.
    You were quite surprised when Morro claimed that he meditated. He didn't seem like the type of person- or... ghost- to be all about inner peace and meditation and harmony. He claimed his anger issues a couple days ago at the bar.... but you supposed that meditation was supposed to help with that.
    The large rock you sat on had a flat top, making it a nice stool for you, as you sat cross legged on it.

Morro scoffed at the question, and placed his arms upon his knees in a comfortable manner. "Would I want something else?" He repeated as if in disbelief.
You glanced over to him. He was cross legged, floating in the air off the ground. You still remembered how shocked you were and your gawking expression when he sat cross legged on the ground to start meditation; you had looked away for a few seconds, and when you looked back, he was in the air. You still found it trippy and didn't understand the logic behind it.