The Overlord

Katarina was running as fast as she could.

First, the city was under attack by Nindroids and the technology went haywire. Now she had to hide from a villain calling himself the Golden Master, which she soon discovered to be the Overlord.

She had heard stories of the Overlord from Garmadon and Wu, and they all ended in his defeat. Wu even told her that the First Spinjitzu Master had fought the Overlord himself and made sure the Overlord was exiled on an island far away from Ninjago. If that were true, which now seemed to be, then how did the Overlord come back?

She heard some Serpentine calling out to the citizens, guiding them underground through the sewers. Before she jumped down, she looked up at the buildings and saw a group of people skillfully jumping over them in the Overlord's direction.

Maybe she should help them stop the Overlord.

"Surface dweller!" A Serpentine called out to her. She was startled out of her thoughts and looked at the Hypnobrai. "I suggest you come this way unless you want to face the wrath of the Overlord."

Katarina nodded and jumped down the sewer. She looked at the people who had come down for safety. Shortly after, more people came in, dressed in armor and different bright-colored clothing. They looked distressed, looking as if they wanted to go back up to the surface.

As she began to walk over to them with the intention of talking to them, she could hear the sound of something that sounded like ice above the surface. She wondered what was happening up there that could be causing it.

A few minutes later, the group of armored people were the first to go up to the surface. She followed them shortly after, and before she came up, she could hear crying.

She wished she knew how to help them.