Tournament of Elements : Chapter 8 - Spellbound

They don't trust you.

"Maybe you used your magic to get into our heads and trick us."

Why else would they accuse you of something you're not a part of?

"And you must be using the power of Form to hide your tattoo."

You never should've come here. Your "friends" already hate you. What's the point of sticking around here? You're already making things worse.

"Maybe you're the spy who's working for Chen!"

You don't belong here. You don't belong with them. Let me help you find your place.

Katarina covered her ears, closing her eyes tightly. She wanted to just curl up and disappear, hoping that if she did, she would end up someplace better than here.

"SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!"

All the voices stopped.

All but one.

There was laughter, sinister laughter. A shape took a humanoid form in front of her, going to her exact height. It formed long hair, not bothering to put it in any updo. But it remained as a black, shadowy figure. What made the figure stand out was its bright purple eyes, and a creepy smile.

It grabbed her wrists, forcing her to remove her hands from her ears and open her eyes. She gasped at the figure in front of her. The grip on her wrists tightened, and she tried to make it let go.

"You know I'm right, Katarina," It said, its voice sounding feminine. A feminine voice she had been hearing in her nightmares. Why did its voice sound familiar?

"You're not!" Katarina yelled at the figure. "The Ninja are my friends, they're fighting to stay in the Tournament just to stop Chen."

"But how could they be your friends if they accused you of something so diabolical?"

"Lloyd was just.... on edge, that's all. It can't be helped."

The figure mask a tsk-ing sound. "Don't bother making excuses for him. What he said cannot be un-said, you know."

The figure then said, "I have a question for you, Katarina. Do you trust everyone?"

She didn't answer that. The figure hummed, as if it read the answer from her mind. It let go of her wrists and brought its mouth close to her ear.

"Never trust a snake."

Katarina startled awake, causing her head to snap up. She blinked a few times, adjusting to her surroundings.

"Hey, are you okay?" Skylor asked her. Katarina nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bad dream." Although, she wouldn't exactly call what she dreamt of a bad dream. It was less of a nightmare and more of a conversation with somebody. Were they trying to warn her? That would explain what the figure in her dream said before she woke up.

She sighed tiredly. Yesterday's events must be getting to her.

All she knew was waking up and dressing in her new Jungle gi, before heading out of her room and Chen telling everyone to climb onto a blimp. The Ninja and Garmadon, expect for Katarina, sat opposite of the fighters.