Skybound: Chapter 4 - On a Wish and a Prayer

Nadakhan steered the airborne ship happily. Flintlocke came up to his captain. "You have prepared our crew well. Hmm. They are much improved."

Clancee went up the stairs, carrying a barrel of dynamite. "And l-l-l-look at me, cap'n. I'm no longer airsick."

Suddenly, his back jerked. "Oops. Spoke too soon." He tossed aside whatever he was carrying and ran outside the ship. Seconds later, he could be heard throwing up. Nadakhan and Flintlocke winced.

"I've been biting my tongue, Captain. But when we attacked the city, I saw the girl ninja. She looked like Delara."

Nadakhan hummed. "Really? I hadn't noticed."

Flintlocke knew he was being sarcastic. "I believed that when I believe a pirate born to tell the truth. You should've told me. First you don't tell me your plan, now you keep this. We've sacrificed a lot to follow you, but trust is a wind that blows both ways."

A chuckle followed. " Which is why I am showing you this." He steered the ship to the direction of floating land seemingly huddled together. The crew looked outside.

Clancee gasped. "Oh! Look at that. We got their ship!"

"That we do, Clancee. Heh. That we do."

The ship was now soaring steadily across the lands. "I know it doesn't look like much now, but this place will soon become Djinjago. With each ninja my consumes, the more power I'm beholden to resurrect my home world. This is what you sacrificed for. Not some girl. For a home. I cannot do this alone, Flintlocke. I need you. I need our crew. Together, we can make this place ours."

That was exactly what his first mate wanted to hear. He raised his fist in the air. "To Nadakhan!"

The crew followed. "Nadakhan! Nadakhan! Nadakhan!"

"We have some world building to do, and I have some ninja to find."

Zane went below the deck, per Lloyd's orders. There was a lightning storm raging outside after all. Although he would prefer to help, this was the best course of action.

There was a chess game board, all set up. One of the pieces moved and fell, and he instinctively caught it. He placed it back in its original spot. A white piece moved.

"Huh?"

A puff of orange smoke and laughter filled the silence in the air. "Your move."

"My move?" Zane said, confused.

Nadakhan sat back. "Yes. Surprised to see me?"

Zane pulled up a seat and sat down. "On the contrary. After analyzing Jay's reluctance for me to be alone, the only logical explanation would be his fear of your arrival. Signaling to me that you have visited him before."

He made his move.

"Since Jay is still here, it's understandable that he has not yet completed all of his wishes, and I sense it is the last wish that has trapped the others into your sword."

Another piece was on the board. Nadakhan laughed. Not all of the others. "So you are the smart one. Then I take it you do not want to make a wish."

"Be careful, Zane. It is foolish to believe you can outsmart him." Pixal warned Zane.

"Not now, Pixal!" He shouted at her. She immediately disappeared. "I do want my three wishes. But on my third wish, it will not be I who will disappear, but you." Another black piece was on the board.

Another white piece. A black one removed and poofed away. "Well, what are you waiting for? Make your first wish."

Another black piece.