Skybound: Chapter 1 - Infamous

Katarina and Nya got to the studio. Katarina opened the door for Nya, saying "After you", causing Nya to smile kindly and heading in before her.

Ever since the whole thing at Stixx, the Ninja got famous. Too famous for Katarina's liking. She didn't like it one bit. Especially since this whole fame thing was having the Ninja do things like film for TV shows or pose for magazine covers.

"And... Cut! Brilliance plus perfection! Clean up, little fellas, and make some headway here. That's a wrap!" A director says.

"A wrap? Me and Katarina just got here. Dareth said-"

"Hey, hey! There's my boys! I knew you could Spinjitzu but that acting knocked me out." Dareth glanced at Katarina and Nya. "Oh, hey, sweethearts. Mind sticking around for a segment to teach girls how to apply makeup?"

"Wait, what?" Katarina raised her eyebrow in disbelief.

Nya, however, looked pissed, as she stole a glance from the back corner. "You're gonna need makeup when I rearrange your face!"

Katarina widened her eyes and held Nya back before the Water Ninja could throw a punch. "Easy tiger."

"Nya and Katarina are one of us now, there's no reason they should be treated differently." Jay said to Dareth.

"No reason? You added two girls to the group. You know how much that hurts your image? You're a boy band, a hunk machine!"

"I'll show you a hunk machine when I shove you in a wood chipper!" Katarina growled, and before she could lunge herself at Dareth, Lloyd held her back and turned his head to Dareth.

"No. We're equals. Our power comes from no one being more important than the other."

"Important? No. Irresistible," Kai turned his head to a group of fangirls. He winked. "Debatable."

Fangirls squealed in excitement, while security guards held them back.

"I don't tell you how to do your business, don't tell me how to do mine. Remember how every time you save Ninjago no one cared? Well, now Dareth's in charge and Dareth says don't change the recipe. You boys are the face of the franchise, and now the face of Teen Idol!"

With that, Dareth shoved a maganize in Lloyd's face. Lloyd took the magazine and read the title. "Sensei Lloyd? But I'm only a Sensei-in-training."

"And what's this about me and Jay still fighting over Nya? That's old news." Cole added.

"Who cares if it's real or not? Isn't this what you've always dreamed of? You're the hottest thing in Ninjago!" Dareth exclaimed.

"Fold your drawers, hot off their new LP, it's the sensei-tion sweeping the nation. The pop that can't seem to stop. Here's another number one hit from Go, ninja, go."

"My favorite? Easy. Lloyd. He's the best."

"I like Kai. He's, like, so hot. Literally."

"Crime down. Ninja way up. Who doesn't like these five ninja? Correction, seven."

"Jay. He is so funny. And cute."

"I like Cole. I mean, he's a ghost. You want him, but you can't have him."

"Who likes Nya and Katarina?"

"'Like them?' Meh. Do I want to be them?"

"And get to hang out with them? Oh my gosh!"

That night, on a TV talk show, a talk show host said to Nya, "Just between you and me, Nya, Jay or Cole?"

"Honestly, not a chance. We're a team. Instead, I'd rather talk about—"