A new year and two weddings

Aryan returned home with Cj from the hospital fully anticipating a full bashing from their lady loves but the scene was quite contrary. The living room was full of balloons, twinkling multi-colored lights and a cake on the center table but the room was empty and Aryan and CJ gave each other confused looks.

Cj- Where do you think they all went?

Ar-No idea! Do you think they went to the hospital to check on us?

Cj-Could be! Wait, Lets call Mr. Jagannath and then we will know if they are there!

Ar-You know what! Thats a Great idea

Aryan placed a call to Mr Jagganath's cell and the a feliz navidad ringtone began playing in the room, Aryan and CJ looked around to find where the sound was coming from, just then the entire family stepped out of the shadows and yelled surprise, including Mr. Jagganath!

Sh-Sir aapka phone!

J-Sorry beta woh mein silent pein dalna bhul gaya

I-koi baat nahi! ee dono ke chehre toh dekho...muj band karo ABP muh maa makkhii chali jayegi!

Siah and Naina-Baba you are here !!

The twin girls jumped on their father and Aryan almost lost his balance while rest of the family began laughing loudly. Aryan picked Siah and Naina up and Chini went over and hugged her father. Shalini and Amma also hugged Cj who was moved to tears by their love.

I-Hmmm Humaar liye toh jagah hi naahi hai

N-Amma tum baba ko picche se hug karo na!

I-Nahi nahi hum baad mein karenge hug, pehle tum sab!

Arpita and Narmada who were holding the baby boys grabbed Jaggu and Sundar and went over to hug Imlie after hearing her complain. Jagganath smiled and clicked a bunch of pictures of the cheerful Rathods. Then they sat down for a sumptuous feast prepared by the women, the food was a tale of how they loved, how they worked, and how they had come together to bring in the bounty of harvest. The joys of life were right there before them, stories of the years told in wisps of aroma and tastes that are time machines to so many good memories. Above all, the feast was a feast of their emotions, of their bonds, with the food as the perfect symbol of their everlasting bonds. They all welcomed the new year with the cutting of the cake by the kids. They fed each other cake and danced the night away. The celebration was a levitation they all shared, it raised all of them up to a higher plane of emotional health.

Later at night-

Ar- Imlie tum kuch keh rahi thi

I-ka?

Ar-woh kuch tumhare liye jagah nahi hai!

Aryan pulled Imlie closer and hugged her he began kissing her all over and Imlie giggled and melted in his arms. They spent the night talking about the future, laughing at each other's bad jokes and kissing each other. The babies were with Amma that night so the couple could get some alone time together to welcome the new year.

I-ABP Aaj party ma tum kuchho notice kiye?

Ar-Nahi meri Jungli ! mein toh bass tumhe hi dekh raha tha, kya lag rahi thi tum uss green saree mein!

I-ABP!! Hum humri nahi kaki maa ki baat karat hai

Ar-what about mom?

I-Tum dekhe uu aur Jagganath kaka kaisan ek dusre ko dekh kar sharma rahe the!

Ar-Kuch bhi Imlie

I-Arre suno na! Hum aur Arpita didi ma se baat kiye. Tohar baba, Jagganath kaka aur ma ek hi saath college mein the! Aur uu dono tohar ma se prem karat rahe

Ar-Sachii? Toh phir?

I-Hanh, par tohri maa tohar babase pyar karat rahi toh unn dono ne shaadi karli. phir Jagganathji ki bhi shaadi ho gayi, gharwalon ke kehne par!

Ar-Yeh sab tum mujhe kyu bata rahi ho?

i-ABP, Hum aur Arpita did kuchho socche hain!

Ar-kya?

I-Agar humm Jaggaanth kaka aur maa ki shaadi karva de toh?

Ar-Imlie tum pagal ho kya?

I-Pagal kahe? ABP hum sab ka saathi hai toh phir tokka nahi laagat haiki maa bhi khush rahe iss umar ka ukka bhi koi apan kehne wala mile!

Ar-Par Imlie

I-Par Imlie ka? Aaj tohar baba hote toh woh kya chahte? Humka sacchi sacchi bolo! Dui minit yeh bhul jaao ki woh tohar maa hai , bass ek aurat hai aisan soccho aur phir bolo!

Ar-Hmmm. waise tum aur didi sahi keh rahi ho! Mom bahut saal akeli hai aur Jagganath sir bahut acche hai, iss sab mein dad ke tarah hi unhone humme support kiya hai! Hum sab milke, kal hi maase baat karenge.. aur phir mein Jagannath sir se baat karta hun!

I-Thank you ABP

Ar-Aisa rukha sukha thank you?

I-Toh tumka kya chahi?

Ar-Mujhe toh bass tumhe chahta hun!AAj aur har roz!

I-Bass karo Aashiq singh rathod! Humka jaane do humaar bacchein bulavat hai

Ar-Hmmm....kya timing hai humaare bacchon ki hamesha aise galat vakt par hi bulate hai!

I-Acchi timing hai ukki...

Ar-kyu? kyu?

I-Varna tum cricket team bananae ki tayari mein judd jaoge!

Ar-hahahaha woh toh hai

I-Hut! Pagal ho tum! Aate hain hum ruko dui minit

The next day rolled in and the kids asked Narmada about her wishes, she declined initially but finally opened up and came around the idea of starting a new life with Mr. Jagganath, her old friend, Mr Jagganath also agreed to Aryan's proposal and it was decided that the two would get married alongside Shalini and CJ. Both couples wanted a small and intimate wedding ceremony, Shal wanted it to be officiated by a catholic priest and Narmada agreed to do the same to avoid more work on the kids. The wedding was to be held in the Rathod mansion garden, just with the family members but Aryan, Arpita, Sundar, Imlie and the kids worked hard to make the day as special as possible for them.

What a wonderful day it was for an outdoor wedding: warm, but not terribly so. The early June sun peeked out occasionally. A pleasant breeze from the north rustled in the surrounding shrubs, cooling the family members as they took their seats on either side of the walk leading to the gazebo. Sweet strains of classical music drifted through the small crowd. Aryan couldn't believe it; his sister, best friend and mom were getting married on the same day, it a memorable wedding. Obviously, the kids would much rather be jumping and climbing in the garden, instead of being fussed over by their mother and grandma, having their ties and hair bows adjusted. Balloons and streamers fluttered around the railing and banisters, a festive mixture of pink, light blue, and white. The wedding was completed and the family had an outdoor feast commemorating the joyous day.