Chapter 1 - From, then on

~ POV: Kyla Bower ~

Life sucks.

Now. Even more.

Not that life ever stopped.

As soon as school, ended I grabbed and put all my belongings into my backpack and got my ass out of that place. I use to enjoy and look forward to being at school; now it's just a mediocre act I do everyday, expect then no one was giving me looks of pity, and sadness. I hate pity and sadness from others. But now, it's all what others seems to be giving me at school, stores, everywhere.

When they were still here, everything was good. I could not have asked for better.

I am just sick of everything.

Walking back from the back of school near the alleyway, I plug in my earphones to my phone to zone out my horrible reality. I listen to 'Don't Tell My Mom' by Reneé Rapp. Before I even realize it, I'm singing along to the song:

Don't worry about me, just worry about you

So, don't tell my mom, I'm fallin' apart

She hurts when I hurt, my scars are her scars

How funny. I can't even tell my mom anything, now anyways.

Within seconds, I'm in front of the small diner I work at. My mother, grandmother and I use to come here almost all weekends, sometimes even weekdays too, if we didn't feel like cooking. I walk in and I'm greeted by Gina, the owner; she's been nice throughout since my mother and grandmother died. "How's it going, mija?" Gina asks me. Shitty. "Fine, schools is school", I tell her. 

I steal a glance of her on my left when I'm at the counter tying my apron, and she has a small frown on her face. "¿Sabes que me puedes decir cualquier cosa, no?" (You know you can tell me anything, no?) she questions. "Ya lo se, Gina, gracias" (I know that, Gina, thanks), I tell her and make my way to a booth with an old couple who just walked in with menus in my hand.

After a six and a half shift with a ten minute break, I'm beat. Working with food, sometime is fun, other days not so fun. Today, it was not so fun. I had to deal with so many people, annoying people at it too. I had to help this one group of girls, who seemed my age by taking their order; they took so long to just order a couple of milkshakes. I swear. Done with my shift, I notice taking out my phone the time, 10:37 pm. It could not have passed by any faster, note the sarcasm. With that I take my leave, from the back door where employee lockers are and start to head home.

Once I'm in front of my apartment door,  I get my keys from my backpack to open the door when I notice something slip out. Now with the door open, I turn to retrieve when had fallen to see that its a picture of all three of us. My grandmother, mother and I. Standing to my full height of 5'2, I look down at the picture in my hands; in the picture I seem so happy with them on both of my sides, smiling as they look at me. I remember thing day, it was so unexpected. My mom had woken my grandmother and I at 5 in the morning to take us to an aquarium. Mom loved traveling to places and having an experience with the us. My grandmother loved spending time together. In the picture, we were complete, together.

After the accident, we were separated. I was lonely. From, then on, I was left with nothing and no one by my side.

I get in my room, the only room in the apartment, and drop on my mattress which is on the floor after letting my backpack fall to the floor. I feel so lonely without them with me. We were all we had to each other, no one else. In a couple of minutes, I feel my eyelids become heavy and my mind drifting to sleep.

I just hope tomorrow, is better than today.

-

-

-

Author's note: I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I am going to try to update it to the best of my ability. I am so sorry it took so long, but please have in mind I am a college student, and at times it can get hard to update with me being busy.

Thank you for reading!