A Meeting with Mr. Carter!

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

ASTORIA'S POV:

Clark company is one of the highest grossing companies and our biggest competent is Carter company.

Carter company's CEO was James Carter and he was an old man in his late 60s and dosen't have an heir.

The biggest question was Whom will he pass on the company to? Many people had this question but it is still one of the biggest mysteries.

Even though we were enemies in the business world, me and Mr.Carter had always been great buddies, he was a lonely man without any family, he always saw me as his daughter and was like a father figure to me.

He was a very funny guy but when it came to business he was the most serious man you could ever imagine.

Today we had a meeting with his company. After the meeting, I casually asked him "Who will be the next CEO of your company Mr.Carter?"

"Can't tell you that yet, it's a surprise" He answered excitedly.

"Please, can I get a hint atleast, I promise I won't tell anyone" I asked pleadingly.

"We are enemies in this business world, how can I trust you and know that you won't use it as a ploy against me?" He asked seriously.

"Oh come on, you know me better than that, I never in my life used such cheap tricks for popularity" I said confidently.

"Fine I give up, I can never win an argument with you, can I?" He said and I giggled. "Ok It's a big story".

"I have a son who is currently in his 20s . When he was five, I started getting many threats from my business enemies, they started threatening me saying that they'll abduct my son or they'll kill him.

I couldn't take in all that, I was very scared. After thinking for a while I came to a conclusion and secretly sent him into hiding, somewhere very far from here with a good family who can take care of him properly.

We talk every once in a week. He always says that he wants to meet me and to be honest even I want to but it'll only put his life in danger.

That's why I'm just looking for the right time to bring him in front of the public and make him the Ceo but I'm just scared that those threats might start again."
He explained sadly.

"Wow, that's one complicated story but if you don't mind can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Ya ya sure" he told.

"You can't be scared about those threats forever right and your son is now old enough to endure all those threats, even I'm of his age and I too get those kind of threats every once in a while but I'm totally fine and also you are becoming old day by day, I think you should announce him as the new Ceo sooner" I said with concern.

"Hmm I'll think about it but thanks for your concern." he said calmly and left the office with an 'I'm in a big dilemma' face.

I saw the time, it was already 10pm I needed to get ready as Noah said he would take me out, I don't want to keep him waiting like yesterday.

I kept a sweatshirt and a jeans in my bag before coming to the office.

I secretly changed into those and wore my mask, and checked my outfit in the bathroom mirror, finally ready to go.

Lastly, I checked up on the guards who were already asleep and I slowly tiptoed and left my office.

As soom as I reached the cafe, I saw Noah already standing there wearing a sweat shirt, a baggy jeans and a beanie on his head. He looked so good, I just couldn't take my eyes off of him.

Internal slapping my head for staring for so long, I went inside the cafe. He stared at me with a surprised look on his face.

To be honest, I can't blame him, he has always seen me in my formal outfit so it might be shocking.

"You look...." he stopped in the middle. Oh my God do I look that bad, I thought. Then he completed his sentence "really cute". He said with a cheeky smile on his face. He was just teasing me. Oh God.
"Let's go then" he said pulling my hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hope you liked this chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment 😉😉