Ch 4: We'll Need Some Guns

Your P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since I had killed Cherry. And I'm starting to get the hang of this whole gang leader thing. It's pretty similar to how things work in the military. I'm like a general getting my soldiers ready for a battle. And with some help from Ryan and Selina, it was easy getting the gangs trust. After all, like the saying goes, trust is built with consistency. And if you treat people with fairness and respect, they'll treat you with it too.

The other day, I sent out a couple scouts to look for information. And that said information is about the other gangs in the Narrows. The district has a total of three street gangs running the streets. There's the one I run in the north, one in the center, and the last in the south. I'm planning on taking over Gotham, but I need to secure the Narrows first. That way, we can have some breathing room before we expand. After all, the Narrows is a small island of its own in Gotham.

And some members of the crew have been calling me "General." I guess it has to do the fact my military uniform is a pretty dead giveaway to my service. But I don't really mind the name, since it shows the gang respect me as it's new leader. Right now, I was watching a few of the crew members were training in the ring. They were obviously making sure they stay in shape. After all, you never know when you need to fight with your bare hands. But that just reminds me of the problem we have on our hands.

The gang lacks guns, and the only weapons we have are bats and pipes. And a crew without any weapons isn't taken to seriously. So I was hoping that one of the scouts would have a location of any weapons we could get. After a few minutes, Ryan and Selina had taken a seat next to me. And Ryan gave me a folder with several pictures inside. Once I took a look, the pictures turned out to be a warehouse full of guns. And I had a pretty good idea as to who these guns belong too.

Y/n: Frank Jones' crew?

Ryan: Yeah, turns out he's got some deal with the Penguin himself. Cobblepot gives Simon guns to sell out of town and Jones gets a cut for his trouble.

I knew that this had Penguin written all over it. Criminals knew that Cobblepot ran the city's weapons market. So it's no surprise he's got some small time crew doing his dirty work. And from what Ryan told me, Frank Jones was the best for that. Jones and his crew ran all sorts of goods in and out of the central part of the Narrows. So it was clear Penguin would need a person who can smuggle goods in and out of town easily.

Y/n: How many guards?

Selina: I scouted the place myself, only seven guards keep it safe.

Y/n: Then it would be pretty bad if someone were to steal those guns from Jones, wouldn't it?

Ryan: Yeah, a real shame.

Y/n: Good job guys, tell the crew to get some trucks ready. We're going to be getting some new merchandise for our little "club."

Ryan: You want me to lead them to taking the warehouse?

Y/n: No, I'll do it myself.

Selina: Really?

Y/n: Of course, I've infiltrated enemy bases before. So this isn't going to be that much different for me.

With that, I left Cherry's and started to head to the warehouse. I would try to take the rooftops, but my body needed a few more days to heal. So I was going to  need to stick to the streets for right now. Though I was working on a little something that can help me in combat. But let's just say that it's still a work in progress right now. After thirty minutes of walking, I was able to make it to Jones' warehouse. And considering the place was long since abandoned, it's the best place to hide guns.