Ch 6: Poisonous Deal-breaker

Your P.O.V.

After what happened the other day, things were going well. Frank Jones is dead and his gang has completely fallen apart. And I wasted no time in sending the crew to secure the territory. Now we're starting to get some new recruits and a bit more cash. Due to the drugs we took, it'll be enough to get some extra money. On top of that and the fight clubs, we were also offering some protection to locals for a fee. So all in all, we were growing in power for full control of the Narrows.

Of course, I wasn't really into selling amy drugs. Considering that it will end up giving us some unwanted attention. And I didn't really want any poison like that sold in the Narrows. Because it would lead to people doing something stupid. But since we needed the money, I was willing to sell in the Narrows for now. Though we'd have to start on finding new ways to make cash. And it couldn't be from just fight clubs and protection rackets. Because those can only get you so far in the case of making money in the long run.

Right now, I was in the warehouse connection to Cherry's. I was helping settle a dispute between a couple of small time gang leaders. One of them was an African-American woman named Michelle Smith. She was in control of running the illegal dog races. And the other was a Caucasian man named Tyler Jackson. He was the one who runs all sorts of animal based fight clubs using dogs. It turned out they Tyler set up a couple races, which was cutting into Michelle's business. And it was already escalating to the point that Michelle wanted Tyler dead.

Michelle: I run the dog races, he runs the cock fights! Now he's trying to muscle in on my damn business!

Tyler: Hey, I got mouths to feed.

Michelle: If you race those dogs again I'll slit your damn throat!

Then Michelle pulled out a knife, ready to stab Tyler. Then the two started to argue as a couple of my men held Michelle back. I knew this was going to be an issue the second the meeting started. Both of them cut me and the crew in on profits in exchange for a bit of protection. Just like some of the locals and a few other businesses do. And like the saying goes, crime is common, but logic is rare. Which is what's going on here, they're both to busy arguing that they don't see the bigger picture. But in situations like this, sometimes the least likely solution is the best solution.

Y/n: Enough! I started this court to work out disputes peacefully. This is how things are going to be done from now on, understand? Now you're both admitting to having down months. So it seems the best solution is for the two of you to team up. Because if you work together, then you'll be able to stay strong.

Ryan: Wise words, General.

It was clear Michelle and Tyler were reluctant about what I said. But then both agreed to at least give it a shot and see what happens. Then, I helped with a few more disputes between some locals. After ten minutes, things seemed to have settled down. So I decided to continue working more on the armor that I was making. With the crews help, it's almost finished and ready for me to use it. After a bit of work, I heard someone shouting for help. This caught my attention and I went to see what the hell is happening. That's when I saw Luke Green, the owner of a store under the gangs protection. But then I saw he was completely beaten and bruised, as if he was beaten in a fight.

Luke Green: Out of my way! Out of my way, I need to see the General!

Y/n: Mr. Green, what's wrong?

Luke Green: Sampson sent his dogs to my shop demanding protection money. But I told him no, I said that this was your neighborhood now.

Ryan: Shit, not that fat fuck.

Y/n: Let me guess, he's the one who runs the southern part of the Narrows?