𝘰𝘯𝘦

Welcome To The Dark Side

ALEXANDRIA DIAZ DREADED school and often avoided social situations whenever possible

ALEXANDRIA DIAZ DREADED school and often avoided social situations whenever possible. She wasn't shy or anything, she just fucking hated the idiots that attended her high school in particular. It wasn't like she had parents to dictate everything in her life. All she had was her abuela. That's all Alex needed though because if her parents would choose Heroin over their own flesh then fuck them.

Alexandria lazily tossed around in her bed as she shielded the sun from her brown eyes. She grunted and moaned while she ignored the tapping at her second story window. She knew who it was.

One last tap, and it was over for Alexandria's very needed slumber. The groggy girl got to her feet and angrily stomped over to her window to find Marcus at the front door, giving up on throwing stones. Alex scoffed before she went to the bathroom. The girl was bound to run into him when she finished getting ready since abuela oddly adored the boy.

After throwing together a totally lazy look for school, Alexandria stomped down the stairs with her red Jansport backpack slung over her right shoulder. Her abuela sat at the kitchen table across from Marcus who munched on pan dulce, a sweet bread. Alex scoffed before grabbing the fruit loops from on top of the refrigerator.

"Breakfast of champions, huh, Juana?" Marcus asked making the older woman nod with a disapproving look aimed at her granddaughter. Alex bit her tongue and stuck her hand in the box, eating an orange piece from the handful of fruity cereal.

"Are you guys ganging up on me?" Alexandria quizzed ignoring the boy who sipped from a mug that was older than himself. Juana chuckled at the teenager and sipped her coffee.

"That was a yes," Marcus replied to Alexandria's question making her playfully roll her eyes.

"You two need to go, or you'll be late. Again. If not, you will start riding the bus." Juana threatened causing Alex to huff. She bent down and kissed Juana on the cheek.

"Bye, Abuela." Alexandria said before leaving her grandmother to sip her coffee in peace before she went to work. Marcus followed behind the girl with a small smile that could be mistaken for a scowl if you looked too quick.

AFTER A LONG Friday, and an even longer family visit with relatives from New York, Sunday was a free day. Naturally, Marcus was Alexandria's first text. It was around eleven in the morning, so it was safe to assume Marcus was still very much asleep. After about two calls he picked up.

"Is this payback, or something?" He quizzed into the phone and Alexandria chuckled. The pair talked to each other like they were just friends. A lot of people just assumed Alexandria and Marcus were a thing. Being a thing would be hard. How could she be a thing with someone who she's seen scratch his butt, cry over another girl, and throw a temper tantrum?