𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Surprisingly Surprising Surprise

ALEXANDRIA DIAZ SUFFERED through the rest of the school day with zero energy

ALEXANDRIA DIAZ SUFFERED through the rest of the school day with zero energy. Her and Marcus had been up each others asses, so Alex seemed to lose some sleep. Her Abuela ordered her to go home, but that wasn't half bad of an idea.

The girl sat with her knees held to her chest. She was exhausted with all of the quizzes and classwork. Her eyes couldn't even peel away from the TV which played the Golden Girls.

Her Abuela had already started dinner, but Alex knew it was weird because it was her night to cook. She would've made some white people tacos anyways, but she couldn't understand why Juana had been cooking.

The cooking clicked when Alexandria heard a knock at their front door. She groaned when she got up. Who did her grandmother invite over?

She whipped open the door with a bored expression which quickly turned into wide eyes when she stared back at her father. Her birth father. The one she had recently even knew existed.

Paul Randolph stood at the door nervously. On his own this time, no charming Georgia Miller to stand by him and help him through the awkwardness that Alexandria gladly created.

"Uh... hi, Alexandria," Paul greeted sweetly as if that would help his case. The girl sucked in a sharp breath at his sweet like honey tone. He waited in the doorway patiently as she took him in.

Clamping her eyes shut, she sighed, "You're why she's cooking."

Paul opened his mouth to reply, but before he could the smell of roses and green peppers filled Alex's senses. She must've been cutting peppers.

"Sorry, Paul. Alexandria seems to forget her manners when it's convenient for her," Juana apologized, widening the door under Alexandria's grip.

She walked away taking her scent of roses and peppers with her. With a fleeting glance, Paul followed her like a scared puppy.

"Alexandria, set the table!" Juana shouted from the other room. Paul chuckled as he instantly began stirring whatever she had cooking on the stove and Alexandria couldn't help but scowl.

She was scowling at the fact he had been helping her grandmother, she was scowling at the fact her father stood in her kitchen after all these years, and she was scowling as she struggled with trying to hate him. Paul Randolph was very hard to hate.

Alexandria opened the silverware drawer and collected a few items before closing it. She shared awkward eye contact with her father before going to grab the plates. Once she had those she fled to the dining room to set the table, and find some calm before the storm.

If there was going to be a storm.

JUANA MADE STUFFED green peppers. Alex never really liked them too much, but she was starved. She struggled as she cut off a piece of the pepper, some of of the filling spilling out. She ignored the two adults sharing looks and looking back to her.