𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

It's An Understatement

SAYING ALEXANDRIA WAS just worried about Marcus was wrong

SAYING ALEXANDRIA WAS just worried about Marcus was wrong. It's an understatement. All the girl though about was different ways on taking up
the topic with him, of what he said. He'd fallen in the deep hole of depression before, and she'd seen these exact signs.

She sat on her bed, typing and deleting messages over and over. It was pressure that made her question every letter she typed. This wasn't even the conversation, it was just the text to tell him to come over.

Alexandria jumped as her door popped open. Max crossed the threshold and smiled at Alexandria, yet there was a sort of facade that worried the caramel skinned girl.

"Hey, Max. I was kind of expecting the other twin," Alexandria chortled, kind of wishing it was so she didn't have to send an awkward chat to Marcus.

Max plopped down onto Alexandria's bed with thoughts circulating behind her eyes, as she prepared what she had to say. It didn't help the stress Alexandria was feeling, but she kept quiet as she waited for Max to spit it out.

"I came here because I'm worried about Marcus, and I know you are, too," Max finally came clean and Alexandria nodded since she was apparently as transparent as glass and when it came to Marcus.

"Yes, I'm so worried," Alexandria confessed. Max nodded and held up her phone scrolling passed photos that she took of Marcus's room. "That's his room? I was just there the other day, it wasn't even bad. Well, that bad."

"That's not even the worst of it, Alex. I'm worried because I came across this art book of his and it had really, really dark stuff in it. Does he talk to you about, like, how he feels?" Max rambled on and Alexandria shook her head, crossing her arms as he eyes stared holes into the carpet.

"I don't think he wants me to know, but I've been noticing small things since November since we started talking again," Alexandria pointed out and Max sighed rubbing her temples before she turned off her phone. "I want to help him, but sometimes he forces himself to work things out on his own."

"If he does that, I'll help him, I promise. Even though he's a total pile of shit half of the time, I love him and he's my twin," Max assured her good friend, who smiled at her with thanks, although the thought of Marcus struggling alone with Max made her nervous.

ALEXANDRIA WALKED MARCUS down the hall. His sad eyes looked equivalent to a zombies. She couldn't help, but keep glancing up at him with worry. He looked terrible and seemed like his mental health mirrored that. She clung to his arm and held him close.

Not moving out of the way, Marcus hadn't noticed someone in the other side of Alexandria causing her to her shoulder checked, causing her to sink to the floor from the body weight of the large jock.