𝘰𝘯𝘦

Thanksgiving Gets Good

ALEXANDRIA DIAZ LIVED for Thanksgiving

ALEXANDRIA DIAZ LIVED for Thanksgiving. She was a big fan of the traditional dinners, but her grandmother always made the holiday since her birthday was the twenty seventh. She'd get cake, gifts, and a huge dinner. It was pure heaven. This year however, the pair didn't have many people to celebrate with.

Her feet dragged down the stairs as she heard pots and pans banging around. Alexandria rubbed her eyes as she sluggishly made her way to the kitchen. Her pajamas were still on, hanging loosely on her body.

"Abuela?" Alexandria called out as she entered the kitchen. She found her chopping up celery for the stuffing, she smiled up at her grand daughter and tossed her an apple she had sitting in the fruit bowl.

With struggle, Alexandria caught the apple before trudging into the living room, plopping down onto the fluffy sofa with a thump. Her mind slowly eased back into a slumber until she heard the door bell ring obnoxiously. A groan left the girls lips as she stood up.

"Coming." Alexandria shouted miserably. She let out a yawn and opened the door, surprised to find Marcus. He already began eyeing her pajamas with a curious look since even he got dressed.

"Hi." Marcus greeted earning a scowl from Alex. He kept cool and composed, but he knew it was risky for him to be there, to risk the small hope of them being together again. Friends or not.

"What do you want?" Alexandria quizzed with her hand clutching the door, prepared to slam it. Marcus looked behind her and waved. Oh no, abuela noticed him. That means—

"Marcus!" Abuela bubbled as she made her way to the door excitedly. Despite the slippers, she was also dressed making Marcus raise another brow. Juana pushed Alexandria to the side, gently. She looked excited as she widened the door. "How I missed you. My Alexandria had been moping around all week. I thought I had to call off arrangements."

"Arrangements?" Marcus asked amused by the look on Alexandria's face at the words. Abuela chuckled looking back at her granddaughter. Her lips couldn't help but form into a smile.

"For your wedding of course!" Juana teased making Alexandria gasp. Marcus only laughed at the look on the pair's faces, but he seemed cool. He actually enjoyed how normal Alex was acting, even when Juana walks away she'd go back to hating him.

"Abuela, please." Alexandria mumbled from the embarrassment. Juana always joked about the pair getting married and each time it would cause both teens to bashfully look away at the thought.

"Oh, Alexandria. Lighten up, I'm only teasing. I'll leave you alone." Abuela said giving up on her joke. Alexandria returned her grip on the door as she stared back at Marcus.

"You have one minute before I slam this door in your face." Alexandria spat, pulling out her phone to check the time. She held it up and Marcus rolled his eyes. "Tick tock."