𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

Ease My Mind

ALEXANDRIA NEVER EXPERIENCED anything like she had with Marcus

ALEXANDRIA NEVER EXPERIENCED anything like she had with Marcus. That's why it hurt so bad. She wasn't sure where he was, or how he felt, but Alex knew this hurt him. She didn't need to know those things. He always struggled when she wasn't in his everyday life.

Eliza came out of the kitchen with a homemade iced coffee for both her and Alexandria. She put hers on the table and handed Alexandria's to her.

"Abuela, still isn't back at all? That's surprising. Maybe she's having sleepovers at the foot of Paul and Georgia's bed now," Alexandria joked and Eliza chuckled at her younger half sister.

"I think I want to join the theater stuff though, I've always wanted to, but now I'm scared because you said every time things go to shit, it's outside of the auditorium," Eliza said continuing their conversation from earlier on. Alexandria had already said she could hook her and Max up for tips and pointers for the next show they do.

"Yeah, I already texted Max, and she agreed. Amongst texting me other shit," Alexandria mumbled, not to fond of the last part she said.

Max had told her a bunch of shit because her and Marcus only talked vaguely about her, but even she could tell he was all torn up. He looked like he'd been crying and he was up all night drawing in his art book.

"That whole situation will blow over and you'll get a much hotter boyfriend with less greasy hair," Eliza said trying to make Alexandria feel better. Her words didn't take away the horrible stabbing feeling in her gut, or the pain than felt like needles in her heart.

"I don't want another boyfriend. Not for a very, very long time. Boys are just wasting my time right now," Alexandria muttered, now flipping through shows on HBO Max. "Marcus was my bestfriend, and now years and years of friendship has been tainted by sex and love."

"You had sex with him?" Eliza asked, surprised at how honest Alexandria was being with her. They weren't even that close.

"Yeah. Big mistake," Alexandria mumbled sadly. All she wanted to do was just forget Marcus had ever existed. She sighed and stood up, looking to Eliza. "Hungry?"

Eliza shook her head no, so Alexandria went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat. Opening the cabinet door, she sighed as a memory flooded through her. It was around eight years ago.

"Marcus! You might fall!" Alexandria yelled while Marcus climbed up the shelves to grab the bag of candy, Juana tossed up there since it was out of Alexandria's reach. "My mom and dad will be here to pick me up, too, get down!"

Marcus rolled his eyes and grabbed the bag, tossing it to the girl before hopping down. Alexandria looked over to him quite impressed before unraveling the bag. She looked at Marcus, who seemed eager to get some of that candy, too.

"I'd do more chores if I were you. If you want more candy and all," Alexandria suggested and Marcus huffed snatching the bag of sweets from her hands.

Marcus took off out of the kitchen and down the hall. Alexandria, who was much slower, followed behind. Marcus dipped in and out of rooms, getting chased around furniture. Alexandria panted as he continued up the stairs.

He zipped into her bedroom and closed the door, locking it. Alexandria angrily pounded on the door.

"This is why we never get left home alone!" Alex shouted from the other side of the door. Marcus was heard laughing. He plopped onto her bed and popped a Rolo into his mouth before spotting her American Girl doll.

"Well, McKenna Brooks," he read off the box, "Is going to enjoy all of this yummy candy with me!"

Alexandria gasped and pounded on the door relentlessly before getting an idea. She stalked away from the door and to the spare room, where her grandmother kept her old bowling equipment.

The bowling ball was heavy, but efficient for what she was planning. Alexandria steadied the ball at the edge of the top stare. She took a deep breath before letting the ball roll down the stairs, quickly followed by her running down the stairs.

The ball crashed into the wall next to the front door, and Alexandria rolled away, ridding of the evidence and she screeched making her bedroom door pop open because of Marcus.

"Al?" Marcus called out as he left the room, the doll under his right arm.

He spotted Alexandria sprawled out at the bottom of the stairs, her eyes closed. He gasped and ran down the stairs to check on her, sliding himself and landing on her.

"Ah! Dead body!" Marcus panicked, then pushing away from her making her rise up. Maybe, the joke was distasteful, but he deserved to have someone get back his dumbass.

"I'm alive, dummy. I was breathing the whole time your ass was on top of me!" Alexandria yelled and Marcus rolled his eyes, shoving the doll into her chest.

"Stop swearing. Plus, I thought you died!" Marcus shouted back and Alexandria rolled her eyes, fed up with the boy. "I am your bestfriend, slash servant, right? Who would have to clean that up?"

"Uh, you! And you suck! Go home, you sound a lot like Max right now, but worse!" Alexandria yelled and Marcus rolled his eyes, handing her the candy bag.

Alexandria chuckled at the memory since she had always loved playing with Marcus and pranking
him. He used to be so gullible. She grabbed a brick of ramen and added water to a pot since cooking it on the stove was always so much better, yet a pain in the ass.

"I don't even understand how you have friends, let alone one that's a girl," Max spat while Marcus ate
the ramen he made. He added way too much salt to it, when both Max and Alexandria told him not to.

"He pays me every week," Alexandria joked and Marcus scowled at her, but it was only because Max laughed obnoxiously.

"You know, Alex, I believe you," Max responded while stirring around the cold and salty ramen.

"I don't like when you guys talk, you totally gang up on me," Marcus complained and Alexandria rolled her eyes at the whining he'd done all day about them talking.

"You are being such a whine ass today, hush," Alexandria groaned and Max once again chuckled. Marcus shot her a glare and she gave him a challenging look.

"You're so ugly," Marcus spat at his sister and Max's eyes widened with fury.

"We're twins, idiot!" Max yelled slapping the hand that Marcus held a spoonful of salty ramen broth which had splashed onto her. "Oh, you're dead."

"No, Max. It was an accident!" Marcus begged, but the girl had made up her mind.

Max picked up her cold bowl of ramen and poured it over Marcus's head. The noodles draped over his hair and down his face, the broth surely stinging his eyes.

"My eyes!" Marcus screamed before running away making Max laugh at her brothers pain she inflicted.

"Good one," Alexandria chuckled. "You're mean, I love it."

"You and I would make amazing friends," thirteen year old, Max said to Alexandria.

Alexandria smiled to herself at all the memories and she poured the ramen into the bowl she had prepared. Then she noticed how deep of a hole she was in. She'd never be able to get over Marcus Baker, not with their history, or the way they care for one another.

...TELL HIM