7

It came the day of the poe cup and you went by the river earlier than everyone to set your plan in motion before heading back to School like nothing happened.

When it was time for everyone to start heading to the venue, you went along with Enid's group and wanted to die when you saw Wednesday come out with a cat costume. 'So cute', you thought. "You look pur-fect. Only thing, where are your whiskers?", Enid asked. "Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives", she snarled. She caught you staring and you quickly averted your eyes. The teams got into position before Ms. Weems fired the gun as the signal to begin. You and Chris was high up in a tree since it was near a forest area and you zoned out for the rest of the race.

Chris started hitting you repeatedly as he pointed to bianca's boat. "What?..", you whispered. You saw Wednesday's boat far behind and once they were close enough, Bianca tried to sabotage their but it was too late as a big snake wrapped their boat with it's tail and upturned the boat making Bianca's team fall into the water. Asmodeous did a pretty good job and Wednesday's team came out as the Victor. Enid and Wednesday grabbed their flag and ran out. Wednesday spotted you in the tree and she smirked at you which, are your heart flutter.

Now it was the gifting of the trophy to the winner. Since you hated big crowds, you went by the Edgar Allan poe statue and sat down then Wednesday joined you. "You're not a big fan of crowds too?".

"Nope. Chris is more of the extroverted kid twin".

"I see".

"I've been meaning to ask but, the paper that night, what was in it? Did rowan try to kill you because of that?".

"Yes".

"May I take a look?", she handed you the paper and you opened up the paper to see a girl who looked like Wednesday standing there. "Wow, that's you?".

"Apparently. I'm going to be responsible for something big".

"Hey, whatever it is, I'll be here for you".

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"I-uh-umm... I guess-I guess I find you interesting that's all".

"Hmm".

Your eyes scanned the picture one more time when your eyes landed on a symbol at the top. "Wait a minute... I know this symbol. It's the night shades".

"What?"

"It's a secret library inside this school that disbanded 30 years ago. I think it's behind this statue here, I'm not sure. Listen, meet me back tonight here and we'll talk about this".

"Okay". Wednesday and you went your separate ways, you did heard about the night shades library that held the most interesting books in Nevermore.