Chapter 14

The next morning, you woke up to see you were in Illumi's bed. You looked up to see you were cuddled against a sleeping Illumi with the girl lying her head on your stomach.

You moved a strand of his long, black hair out of his face, admiring how peaceful he looked when he slept.

" Staring is rude you know?"

You blushed in embarrassment as you quickly averted your gaze to the 3 year old, who you still had to find out her name. You could hear a slight playfulness in his tone, it wasn't clear, but it was there.

You felt him move his arm before you felt him gently grab your chin and faced you towards him. He traced his thumb over your lips, causing your heart rate to increase rapidly.

He leaned forward before placing his lips on yours whilst cupping your cheek. You kissed back, trying not to wake up the girl who is now laying beside you.

The kiss was gentle but passionate and you both loved it. You both pulled away after a few seconds, catching your breath. He moved some of your hair out of your face,
" You're beautiful, you know that right?"

You chuckled before lying your head back on his chest,
" And You're handsome, "

You felt shuffling beside you to see the girl had woken up, causing you to smile. She sat up, rubbing her eyes before looking at her surroundings. She has never seen a proper bedroom before and she loved it, despite her confusion.

You asked, playing with a strand of Illumi's hair,
" What's your name?"

She smiled at you before yawning,
" Alina,"

You introduced yourself and Illumi before having a small conversation about each other. You noticed it was still early for you all to get up so you decided that you would go back to sleep.

Alina snuggled against you, resting her head on your chest as you felt Illumi wrap his arms around your waist from behind. You felt really comfortable. Alina fell asleep, feeling Illumi kiss your forehead, you to giggled before falling back asleep.

———————————————————————

You woke up to Illumi playing with a strand of your hair with Alina playing with his hair beside you. You rubbed your eyes before sitting up and getting out of bed.

Alina jumped from the bed before rooting through some of her new clothes and picking out a violet colored kimono with a cherry hair pin. You led her to the bathroom to have a bath since she was filthy from living on the streets.

You made sure the bath was bubbly and warm before she climbed in, the warm water making her feel like she was in heaven. You began to wash her long, white hair before washing her body. She laughed as the water dripped down her face.

After the bath, you got her dried and dressed in the bathroom before placing her hair in a towel. You dried her hair with a hairdryer as you brushed it with a brush before leaving it down.

Her green eyes sparkled at the sight of her through the mirror, feeling as if she was living through a dream. She giggled in excitement before hugging you tightly, only it being the lower half of your body cause of her height. Her head was on your stomach as she thanked you repeatedly.

You knelt down to her height with a bright smile before hugging her back, listening to her saying how thankful she was that you cared for her.

Illumi just watched the interaction between you both, tilting his head slightly in confusion. He didn't understand feelings, he's been taught his whole life not to feel or show them since it's a sign of weakness towards the family. He wondered how you got past him and broke through that wall.

You glanced at the bag which held Alluka's doll before remembering you had to give it her. You told Alina you would be back and that Illumi will look after her for a few minutes. She was hesitant on the idea but trusted you.

You grabbed the doll before heading down to were Alluka is kept, waving to some butlers on the way. The door opened to her bedroom since you asked Milluki through the camera before seeing Alluka asleep in a futon.

You smiled at her, the loud noise of the door opening ended up waking her up. She rubbed her eyes before widening them once she saw you.

Happily, she got up and hugged you like she did every time you visited. You hugged back before handing her the new doll you bought her.

Her eyes sparkled as she took it out the bag, admiring the design. She jumped up and down happily before placing her beside the other doll you got her.

" Thank you, Big Sister!"

A warm feeling of adoration fluttered in your heart, happy that she's happy. You couldn't imagine what it's like to be isolated in one room all the time, it must be hard. You want to bring as much happiness to her as possible before Killua comes and collects her.

She smiled at you,
" Nanika says thank you too!"

You ruffled her hair before leaving after a few minutes, heading back to were Illumi and Alina were.