Chapter 16

The moon illuminated in the black sky, the moonlight hovering over the city. The stars sparkled like small diamonds, forming constellations all around.

You were in a hotel in the city of the location were the event was, which happens to be the same city were the Phantom Troupe hides out. You were happy since you could meet them after this singing event happens.

You got ready for the event that you didn't sign up for, they said they will pay you 1 million yen for coming. You felt sick to the stomach, nervous about the crowd that's going to be there. Even if you have done it before, it still eats you alive from the inside.

You placed your Muichiro wig on since you wore it when you went out to the public for the first time. You had made sure that the wig looked soft and nice, but it was already like that since it was expensive.

You stared at yourself in the mirror, inhaling deeply, trying to clear your nerves. A pair of arms wrapped around you from behind and rested their chin on your shoulder. You giggled at Illumi's action as he read your expression in the mirror.

He stated,
" You'll be fine, once you've done we'll come straight home,"

You sighed, looking at the floor before sending him a small smile and pecking him on the lips. You thanked him before Alina came running into the room.

Her hair was placed into two braids and wore an adorable mint green dress that ended above her knees. Along with white tights and black boots.

She asked, clearly trying to contain her excitement,
" Are we ready to go?"

You nodded before picking her up and resting her on your hip. You both walked out before getting into the limo that was being driven by Canary.

You leant your head against Illumi's shoulder as he intertwined his hand with yours. He gave it a firm squeeze, telling you that everything was going to be alright. Alina was to busy admiring the city from the window, gasping when she saw all the cars and city lights.

A few minutes later, you arrived at the building before stepping out with Illumi and Alina. She held your hand with a tight grip, moving closer to you since she wasn't used to such a big crowd.

The camera men and reporters saw you before running over and began to take pictures of you whilst asking loads of questions. You weren't used to so much attention and began to feel overwhelmed, but you managed.

A female reporter asked,
" What's your full name, miss? We still haven't gotten your name!"

She placed the microphone in front of your face as you answered, hoping she would shut up after,
" Y/n L/n,"

" How old are you?"

" What got you into singing?"

" Is this your daughter and husband?"

" What's your thoughts on the singing event?"

Illumi noticed your distressed state, even when you were hiding it perfectly. He grabbed your wrist as you picked up Alina before pushing through the group of camera people and reporters.

You thanked him once you made it into the buiding before realizing you were seated in the VIP area of the building. A bad feeling crept into your stomach, like something bad was about to happen.

You shrugged it off before you were taken back stage, giving Illumi a peck on the cheek and Alina a kiss on the forehead as a goodbye. They left to sit on the VIP chairs.

————————————————————————
Kai smirked once he saw you through the camera footage, excitement creeping up inside him. He couldn't wait to have you in his arms again and to see the fearful expressions you made.

" Just a few more hours, love, and you'll be mine again,"

He glared at the screen once he saw you kiss Illumi on the cheek, his smirk dropping into a frown. He felt anger course through his veins, his fists clenching hard enough to draw blood.

" I'm going to get you back, wether I have to kill or not,"

————————————————————————

You walked onto the stage, the audience cheered as you did. The cameras at the back watched your every move, the people at homes watched you live.

Songs you sung:

. Woman - Doja Cat
. Dandelions- Ruth B
. Criminal - Britney Spears
. Give em hell - Everybody loves an outlaw
. 34 + 35 - Ariana Grande

Once you finished your last song, the crowd stood up with shocked and happy faces, clapping like mad. You bowed before thanking them and walked off the stage, ready to join with Illumi and Alina.

" How I've missed you, my angel, it's been so long,"

You froze in your spot as a wave of fear washed over you. Your body didn't move, adrenaline activated instantly. Your breathing became uneven as you turned around to see Kai leant against the wall with his arms crossed.

He smirked at you,
" I have to admit, you look beautiful tonight,"

You choked out, forcing yourself to speak,
" W-What do you want?"

He let out a low chuckle before walking towards you, the scent of his cologne filling your senses. He moved a strand of your hair out of your face, which was the wig.

" You,"