Chapter 44

Reminder:

"Hello" - regular talking

'hello' - thoughts

"Hello" - Phone speaking

"Hello" - Saiki 'speaking'

Hello - Saiki thoughts

'Hello' - mind link speaking

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ᗩ ᙭ SᕼOᑕKIᑎG ᙭ TᖇᗩGEᗪY

"Tonight at 9 p.m., the mummy of Princess Corco will be auctioned off. "Ivlenkov, Tocino, and Baise, you'll handle the bidding."

"What about the rest of us?"

"Basho and Linssen will cover the rear entrance. Kurapika and Melody will take the front entrance. Squala and I will guard the lady. And with that, the mission begins."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Nortrade Family has learned that someone plans to attack the underground auction run by the Mafia community. Kurapika and the other bodyguards have begun their assignments.

The night had started just as Saiki had predicted it would go. Limo after limo, the rich filled the auction sight filling it to complete compacity and more. Heaving out a sigh, the pink young adult had situated himself just outside the building a place of somewhat solitude to himself.... a roof.

"Something on your mind?" well, somewhat solitude.

While a conversation with the short woman engages, unexpected guest had taken action just inside the auction room. Walking up to the podium were two people, one tall with scars and one who seems to look like they don't care where they are.

 "Okay. Welcome, everyone" started the shorter one of the two, gaining everyone's attention. 

"So, I'm skipping the formalities." with a grin on his face, the one behind him raised both of his hands to the audience. At this point, half of his fingers fell off with chains.

"Die!" he sounded, as bullets fly towards the crowd causing chaos to arise. [My Ambidextrous Machine Gund: Double Machine Gun]

There were no chance those in the crowd survived the surprise attack, except for the three hunters who were assigned to protect the inside.

"Get down! Black Balloons, guard me!" and by his command, the three of them were protected from the incoming bullets. However, they were not enough. [Eleven Thankless Heros: Eleven Black Children]

'Is he using Nen bullets? That means he's also an Emitter! He'll break through my Nen barrier and pierce my body. Each bullet packs an incredible punch!'

"Run! Inform the boss!" shouted Tocino towards his teammates behind him. And just as he finished that very sentence, a bullet has strucked him, instantly killing him on the spot. 

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I'm having difficulty hearing clearly, but there's a real commotion inside the building" commented Melody as she and the other boys stared at the auction building before them.

"Something must have happened. Can you see through the building, Saiki-san?" requested Kurapika as looked towards the other beside him.

But the look on Saiki's face just explained it all.

"Contact the leader!"

Do not get him wrong, Saiki had seen many things in his life, but bloodshed was not one of them. Sure, there were movies but seeing it actually happen was something else to begin with. He was in another universe, maybe that's why, but he can't just shake the feeling of coldness of his body, and it's not because of the cold air that blows at night.